what should i do?

ok...my boyfriend and i always go over his friend's house over the weekends every time they win a soccer game.thing is every time i try mentioning something to him about the baby,for example,like when she's moving around(since she just started moving a few days ago),he shows that he doesn't care in front of them.and when i try talking to him about it he always asks me how i would even think that he doesn't care.that if he didn't he wouldn't even be here.but he should at least show it right?i sometimes think it's because he's with his friends but even his friends seem more interested in how the baby's doin then he does...

what should i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• Hmmm. I'd think about never telling him a darned thing and tell the ones who are interested. It might get it through his skull.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:05 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• talk to him without accusing him of not caring. for example say "I feel like... "or I wish...."
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 11:06 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• That is a hard one. Is this his first child? How old is he? Maybe he is just lost, a lot of new fathers take a while to catch on. It takes a lot more for the father to bond with baby than the mommy. Try giving dad some alone time with the baby, while mommy goes out for some girl time. I'm sure that the bond will come with time. Be patient...
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 11:08 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• It could be that he is uncomfortable to show that kind of softness in front of his friends. idk you or your bf and im not a psycologist or anything of course, but it seems like that could be the case.
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 11:15 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I'm guessing you should save the "feel the baby move" or the baby conversations for when the two of you are alone unless someone asks. It sounds like you might be putting him on the spot but I don't know, I wasn't there. Only thing I do know is that my hubby didn't mind feeling when we were home, he'd sleep with his hand on my tummy but out in public or when his friends were around I didn't do the whole "hey feel my tummy thing"
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:18 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• It sound like he is alittle scared to be a parent. Just like most people are. And if sound like he is trying to be a bit macho around his buddies. My husband did this with our first. Find some good times for him to feel the baby move. I think when you are laying down to go to sleep is a good time. You can spoon with him and place his hand on to stomach so he can feel the baby move. Later on after the baby is born he will appreciate you wanting him to feel the baby because he will realise that little life was moving inside of you.

JenFunSniffer

Answer by JenFunSniffer at 1:14 AM on Mar. 30, 2009