Creep uncle.

When I was really young. My mom's brother was caught in his bedroom with me and the bedroom door locked when he finally opened up the door my clothes were on inside out.
This happened when i was like 3\4 I am Having a girl and feel very strongly about this man having absolutely nothing to do with my baby. Holding her, seeing her..nada.
My family doesn't really talk about this and I know in the future it's gonna surface again bc of the fact I'm having a kid and he lives in the family house ( not where I live ) How do I approach this situation with out coming off a complete bitch. Because right now I'm feeling like going on a rampage if I ever see him holding my baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just tel your family in a calm manner. And if they don't understand, explain why you don't want him around her and if they don't understand than tell them they won't be apart of the babies life either if they let him around him. This sounds like a situation you have to be mean about.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 11:07 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• WHY would you even have a problem in banning this man from being around your child! Who gives a crap WHAT your family thinks or feels---YOUR FIRST responsibility is to protect your daughter. Who cares if they think you a "complete bitch"--I would be and I would certainly let your "family" know exactly why----and let them deal with it. If he did that to you, he has done it to others--just make sure your child isn't on his victim list.
    Anonymous

• YES--do it in a calm manner even if you appear to be a "calm bitch":-) but do it calmly----i should have mentioned that in my first post:-) You don't have to be a snot--but be firm and UNcompromising---:-)
    Anonymous

• I agree with "anonymous 1110" 100 percent
    Anonymous

• Me Too!!!!!!!
    lilhoney

Answer by lilhoney at 11:16 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• mmm I agree with anon but I do think you have a right to care what your family thinks because they're still your family and they didn't all screw you over, your uncle did. But I do think you should be firm even if it comes across as being a "calm bitch". Maybe rehearse what you're going to say so when the time comes you'll sound firm and hopefully make your family realize that although you all haven't talked about it, you HAVE NOT forgot, and are very serious about the situation. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• I agree with the "calm bitch " remark and putting YOUR needs and the safety of your child above awkward feelings your family may have. The reality is he HURT you and you know it and they know it and just because no one talks about it doesnt mean it didnt happen. Address the issue for your daughter BUT most of all for the 3 year old little girl that no one else was brave enough to protect.
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:21 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I know, I know.
    The WHOLE situation is just shitty.
    Having a child these days is so stressful when you think about all the kids coming up missing , i mean I can't even let her do a lemonade stand bc strangers would take her. I will DEF take care of the situation and he will NEVER be near her ever. Not over my dead body, Guess it's time for my inner bitch to arise..
    Anonymous

• tell you're family they're only allowed to come to your house, and uncle is not invited.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 12:28 AM on Mar. 30, 2009