Am I overreacting? Would it bother you if your husband told his sisters that you were pregnant & they didn't call to say congrats? They told my husband to tell me I just thought it was cold

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't know the relationship they have with you, nor do I know their situation.

If they've always been good about talkong to you directly without going through your husband, I'd see a problem. But if you've always communicated through your husband, then nothing here is different...I wouldn't expect a change. It would be nice to see but i wouldn't expect it.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:10 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• When we told my husbands family we was pregnant they told us not to call again and haven't talked to us since. So I don't think they are cold. at least they thought to tell him to tell you.
    Anonymous

• Yea it would, my ex is the father of my baby. and his parents didnt even say anything to me. im 2 months
    Anonymous

• i would feel kinda bummed out :-\ but some people dont know how to react. But i know what you mean. Dont stress over it, eventually they'll all be all over your baby spoiling the hell outta he/she =P

so...some people just go into shock and dont really know how to react...
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 11:09 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• TO THE FIRST POST:: (pardon my language) That is FUCKED UP...and terrible =[ No one should go through that! But at least you and your husband get to enjoy seeing your bundle of joy ^_^ All that matters is that you get to take care of the one thing that will need you the most in life <33
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 11:10 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• no It wouldn't bother me.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 11:13 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• my sisters in law didn't call me either and it didn't hurt my feelings one bit. i know they are happy for me. i didn't call them to say congrats. i like doing it in person. when they saw me the other day one of his sisters and his aunt said congrats. they are his sisters so it's more congrats for him not for me cause it's their brother. i know i'm the one carrying the baby but i'm carrying their brothers baby so i feel them saying congrats to him and then saying to tell me congrats is just fine.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:14 PM on Mar. 29, 2009