Help, POTTY TRAINING!!

I have my twin 2 year olds completely potty trained except 1 issue that has been going on since 9 months. Twin A takes his pullup off at night and purposefully poops on the carpet and bed. He stopped for 2 months and has now pooped in his room every single night. We have tried everything from jammies inside out and backwards-to duck tape-to undies only. I need any advice on what I can do to make it stop or if you've gone through this when and how did it stop!?! PLEASE I am at a loss at what to do

bmariemomof3

Asked by bmariemomof3 at 11:18 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have you tried putting a potty up there so he can poop in his potty every night instead of the floor. I don't know if this will help at all. Sorry we are not potty training yet.
    simplysmiles13

Answer by simplysmiles13 at 11:22 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• um my daughter peed on purpose anywhere..so i started kinda going on the strick side after she wasnt co-operating..i'd give her one spank each time she did it..not like hard,basically like a tap.and then put her in timeout..after the first week she stop doing it..and started peeing in the potty..and for that i rewarded her by taking her to burger king..shes not really into the food,its the slides shes amazed with....hope i helped some how..if not sorry
    Anonymous

• My husband and I have already tried the light discipline to having him stay in his room by himself and every 20 minutes we let him out to pee and then sent him back in his room. It totally didn't work. I was thinking about leaving a potty up there but they're twins and would fight over the seat. I have them both sit on the seat for 20 minutes before getting ready for bed and he still finds poop to smear in the bedroom
    bmariemomof3

Answer by bmariemomof3 at 11:39 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Hi! My daughter is 3 and when she was 2 she would take her pullup or diaper off all time and smear poop and pee everywhere, I thought I was going to lose my mind!lol we tried everything begging and bribing and dicipline nothing seamed to work, she finally stopped, we asked her peditrician and she said since she was getting attention she would keep doing. we are still potty training her now, she knows how just refuses, I have a 8yr son who was alot easier. I know this might not help, just hang in there this will pass I promise.
    craftygal2

Answer by craftygal2 at 11:59 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I'd try putting a potty in his room. He may just be afraid of going to the bathroom alone, at night, in the dark.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:44 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• My daughter had a UTI and peed in the bed every night.. Do you know around what time he does this, and is it around the same time every night?? Because we would actually wake my daughter up and put her on the potty, giving her a grape or something for going potty for us, then back to bed she went.. No lights, just the potty near her bed and a grape or two.
    youngartista

Answer by youngartista at 10:35 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Thank you so much for the great ideas, there really isn't any consistency in when he makes his mess which makes it difficult. Today at nap time I stayed outside the door and everytime I heard my son get out of his bed I went in and put him back. It took 10 tries but he finally stayed in. Lets hope bedtime works good as well
    bmariemomof3

Answer by bmariemomof3 at 5:43 PM on Mar. 30, 2009