Do you think a mom and dad who get drunk every weekend and sometimes during the week are..

still in their party years, no matter the age, and irresponsible? ..especially if the kid/s is/are still awake?

irishstarz

Asked by irishstarz at 11:19 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes. I think they couldn't possibly be taking the best care of them. And its also selfish.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:20 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• yea because if something went wrong like a hurt child they wouldnt know what to do they would be too drunk! i dont drink around my kids
    4lyfe56

Answer by 4lyfe56 at 11:21 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• yes i do. definitely if the children are awake. How is the person to take proper care of the child if they are drunk?? Plus the next morning after being drunk, being cranky and irritable that is not a great enviroment for a child to have to grow up in.
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 11:22 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Yes it is very wrong they should do this like on the weekend not all of the time that is so sad some people just don't want to give up the partying they don't realize they have kids in this world now that is why alot of our kids grow up all screwed bc of people like that. The kids don't know who to turn to. Not to mention those party animals don't realize this yet but they are damaging their liver as well. Some people just never learn...
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:22 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Yeah, pretty much. Just because it's cool to enjoy alcohol at any *legal* age but if it's so important that they have to do it all the time, obviously their priorities are outta whack.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:36 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Getting drunk with kids around: yes, irresponsible. Having a couple of drinks just to chill out w.o getting drunk: OK.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 11:54 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Yes. My parents went out every weekend as I was growing up. We rarely saw our parents on the weekends. It wasn't a good way to grow up. I would never do that to my son, I rarely drink and rarely go out. He is my first priority. I do have an occasional drink around him and I think that is fine, as long as drinking is done responsibly and isn't an all the time out of control act.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:22 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• yes.
    rag_dollmom

Answer by rag_dollmom at 9:18 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• getting drunk, yes, irresponsible.
    I drink occasionally at BBQ's and things of that nature with my child around but like 2-3 drinks over 4-6 hours so WAY away from drunk, and it isnt a common thing.
    My parents have parties at their house often especially during the summer, and sometimes they get pretty drunk, but my youngest sibling is 15 and there is always someone that isnt drinking if there were an emergency. (usually it's me lol)
    AMsMommy212

Answer by AMsMommy212 at 12:03 PM on Mar. 30, 2009