Painting in the 3rd trimester?

So my hubby and I are looking at a new apartment and the landlady said we could paint if we wanted. I'm thinking green and white stripes for the baby's bedroom and blue sponge paint for ours. I'm not looking to paint the living room or kitchen so I'm open to ideas for decorating very white walls there. But my question is if it's a good idea for me to paint in my 3rd trimester? It's a well ventilated area and I wouldn't be using harsh fumes or oil based paints...

TotallyWarped

Asked by TotallyWarped at 11:22 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• theres a paint brand called olympic that doesnt have any harsh fumes..even though I would get a mask just to be safe. But I have heard, and it happend to me, that if you paint whle you are pregnant, your baby can have paint spots on him or her. I painted things for my baby's room when i was 8 months pregnant with her. she came out with paint spots on her leg, and on her neck. DOnt know if that was just an old wifes tale or what but its weird that i heard that and she came out with it..lol
    Anonymous

• i did you should just get a painter's mask just to be sure ok! GL have fun painting its the fun part!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 11:24 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I have painted and i'm 25 weeks matter fact I painted today =) just take breaks often and make sure the area is well ventilated. You'll be aight. Good luck with the apartment.
    babymomma4

Answer by babymomma4 at 11:31 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• oh and btw, it wassnt actually "paint" spots. Just darker patches of skin.
    Anonymous

• I'm sure it is fine. I don't know if I would recommend standing on a ladder though.
    Rainbowbrite639

Answer by Rainbowbrite639 at 11:59 PM on Mar. 29, 2009