what are some fun things to do that dont cost money in the summer?

i dont have alot of money and no car, i wantto know somethings i can do around the house with my 4 year old

foreverlove6

Asked by foreverlove6 at 2:29 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Have an indoor Camp Out. I used to do it with the boys all the time. We would make a "tent" out of blankets and chairs and we would make snacks and read books and tell stories. Or if you have a tent you could set it up in your yard and play in it for a couple of days.   
    momma2merks

Answer by momma2merks at 2:36 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• OOps, sorry I didn't read the rest of your question.....
    I would hit the neighborhood playgrounds, do some gardening, play in a kiddie pool....get together with some neighbors kids for play dates...the camp thing is a blast, we did that a week ago...
    Anonymous

• You can set up a treasure hunt. Hide something, like a ball or household item, then make a map of places around the house and yard (draw pictures of things like the couch, book shelf or tree. Hide clues at each spot of what the treasure might be..it is shaped like a circle--it bounces--you can throw it. After your child gets through all the clues, it should lead them to the item you hid. My kids also liked to hide plastic Easter eggs out in the yard and go on an egg hunt...even in the middle of summer!  Another fun thing is bubbles. You can make homemade kind or find them at the dollar store.  You can build tents with blankets....have lunch in there. You can go on a bug hunt. You can make collages out of leaves, flowers & sticks.

Check out this site for lots of ideas....

http://www.mothers-home.com/activities/sherri2.htm
    queenanne

Answer by queenanne at 2:52 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I just wanted to add I love this new feature! How awesome is this that we get to share these fun ideas and so much more!!! I love all of your creative ideas! I would say swimming if you have access to a pool, or even running thru the spinklers. We did that as kids and it was a blast!
    MomofKeagan

Answer by MomofKeagan at 2:58 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• walk, park, ride bike, jump through sprinkler, do you live close to a lake where u can swim some camp grounds that have lakes let you just park in the parkinglot for the day @ no cost, sidewalk chalk, tag, hide and seek, read books, write a book have your kids take turns making up sentences while you write and then read it at the end (be sure to keep it for when they get older)
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 3:03 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

vakatia

• do the parks in your city have splash pads? are they within walking distance?
    Anonymous

• I would have to say the parks, beach (if you have 'em) or the community pool. scavenger hunts around the neighborhood. biking. rollerblading.
    LaniGirl72

Answer by LaniGirl72 at 5:53 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Water balloon fights. Works every time and I think a bag of balloons is around $1.
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 5:54 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• check your local library offer free things all the time and vacation bible school,or join a moms group for play dates
    momof3n1

Answer by momof3n1 at 2:10 AM on Jun. 19, 2008