What does it mean when a HPT shows a positive more than a week before a missed period? Should I schedule a Dr's appt or wait and test closer to when my period is due?

I took a HPT the other day (my period isn't due for another 8 days) just because and it came back positive. I then took another one a few days later to see if it said positive again, and sure enough it did! So, I have taken 3 HPT's and all are positive.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It means UR pregnant. lol Yes, most tests are designed to have you test 3-5 days before your period or after you missed it, but as we all know...every woman is different. As long as your hormone levels are high enough and show on the HPT that it's positive, then you're pregnant. Call your doc or OB for a blood test (as they all will have you do). But I wouldn't wait. Just tell them you took a few HPTs and they all came back positive.

Just to let ya know, I tested with both my pregnancies 2 wks before I was supposed to have a period (since I had symptoms) and they both came back positive. So that means, I basically tested 2 wks from conceiving. =)

HTH!! And Congrats!
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 11:39 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I would say you are def pregnant!... I took one 11 days before my period was supposed to come on. I was just playing around peeing on a test for convo sake with my best friend. It came out positive. But just to be on the safe side i went to the doc and had blood drawn. and yep. i was pregnant. even though at that point, she was still a ball of cells. i would give it a few more days and test again. if it comes out positive, then you are pregnant. and just to know for sure, make a doc appt
    Anonymous

• It means you are pregnant. Call and let you dr know.
    clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 11:49 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• i too had a positive result 8 days before my period was due and had a baby 9 months later.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 7:30 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I had the same thing happen to me..3 positives, so i went to the clinic and they took one which came up negative..They tried conviencing me I had a miscarriage, so i argued with them til they gave me a blood test and they came back and apologized to me because i AM pregnant=] I would definately call your doctor to get it confirmed.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 7:32 PM on Mar. 31, 2009