dandruff fix-its?

when shampoos don't work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I heard baking soda works, its worth a try.
    chipper87

Answer by chipper87 at 12:31 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• My customers have had luck with the ADVANCE TECHNIQUES 2-in-1 Anti-Dandruff Shampoo & Conditioner its just 1.99 right now on sale you can try it at www.youravon.com/dhullum use code fsany for free shipping. Also cut back on products with alcohol in them like hairsprays and gels until you get it under control. Just use a smoothing serum or products that are alcohol free bc they irritate your scalp more! GL!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 12:55 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• selsun blue works for me. it doesn't smell pretty... but it's not horrible either. you have to kind of scrub, gently mind you, with your fingers/ nails on your scalp when you shampoo (with any kind of shampoo) to get the full effect.
    pringles_697

Answer by pringles_697 at 2:09 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Original Listerine. I'm not kidding, a lot of times dandruff is cause by a fungal infection and dandruff shampoos won't work on that but Original Listerine contains tincture of benzoin, which will kill the fungus. Try it, it works.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 12:13 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I'm looking for an answer to this problem as well. My son has the worst dandruff I've ever seen, he's 16. The only thing that has even mildly worked is conditioning his hair. He has just been doing the Head and Shoulders or whatever dude shampoo he's using that week. I tried some of my daughter's Aussie conditioner and it does help but as soon as he scratches his head it's back. I'm definitely trying the Listerine! Thanks Fisty!
    krisr169

Answer by krisr169 at 11:59 AM on Mar. 31, 2009