• In the Spotlight:

i need help!!! ASAP!!! TMI

my 2 month old baby hasnt pooped all day and the last 3 days he has pooped a hard ball once or twice....i dont know what to give him or what to do...i have tried karo but i dont know how much or even how offten

jesslovesyou08

Asked by jesslovesyou08 at 11:37 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 1 or 2 bottles a day and a table spoon per oz. You may have to do what I did.. But try Juice first before you double up.. Do 4oz 2juice 2water.. try that for 2 days if still nothing. I had to give my son the juice mix with karo for it to even help the poor guy.. I would ask the doctor first.. they may want to change your formula before anything else. But this is what I did for my son at this age. so it's not going to hurt your LO
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 11:40 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Try pear juice or prune.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 11:43 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Apple juice always worked for my babies.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 11:46 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• i agree try so half juice half water. thats what i did and it worked
    lmaines22

Answer by lmaines22 at 11:47 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• my lil one actually drink prune juice and at one point i had the same problem so i gave her very little 1st foods prunes. she went within that day.
    lilredsfrm67

Answer by lilredsfrm67 at 12:00 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• my pedi suggested prune juice for my little one, she wouldn't drink it mixed with water so i ended up just giving it to her like medicine in a dropper, 1/2 tsp in the morning and if she still hadn't gone by night, another dose of 1/2 tsp. Worked like a charm!
    chipper87

Answer by chipper87 at 12:10 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I had the same problem with my son (he's now 3 mo). My doctor suggested childrens supository (spelling?). We got them from the local drug store. They are kinda long so i cut them in half. I actually had to hold his cheeks together because he would just push it right back out, but after a few minutes it all came out. (Be sure and have a diaper under him and a few wet wipes handy) Now that helped to keep his stomach from hurting and to clear it out. I still give him apple juice and water atleast once a day to help keep his bowels moving. Hope this helps!!
    Gr33Kmama

Answer by Gr33Kmama at 12:14 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• sopository (no idea if i spelled it correctly)
    i would say 2mon is very early to start experimenting with prunes n juices.
    ask the doc... gud lukk;)
    StarrCooKie

Answer by StarrCooKie at 12:34 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• According to my first son's pediatrition, the nurse at the hospital after my second son was born (11 weeks ago), and my current doc...The dosage for Karo is 1 TABLESPOON to every 4oz of formula or breastmilk. It can be repeated as necessary until he poops.  And it's supposed to be DARK Kayro syrup.

Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 11:10 AM on Mar. 30, 2009