3d ultrasound.

Anyone had one? My mom plans on taking me when I'm about 24 to 26 weeks and I just want to know if any of you have seen one or had one done yourself. What's it like? Can you really see detail?

mommyin08of09

Asked by mommyin08of09 at 11:39 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes! ive had one! It is AMAZING how it works!! i got one done at 30 weeks. What they do is they have to get the picture of the babys face from the side and it somehow creates the rest of the face...its weird but amazing!!

You can actually see detail! email me and ill send you a picture of my daughters face! you'll be quite shocked how AWESOME the detail is!

and honestly, it will make you cry because its like seeing your baby outside of your belly for the first time...beautiful..
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 11:41 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I HAVEN'T HAD IT DONE, BUT THEY TAKE THIS BIG LONG STICK AND STICK IT UP YOU.

I HAVE SEEN PICTURES AND I THINK THEY MAKE THE BABY LOOK UGLY...KINDA SCARY LOOKING. I WOULDN'T HAVE ONE DONE. I THINK THE GOOD OLD FASHION WAY IS GOOD FOR ME...GOOD LUCK
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 11:41 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• i have had it with both my daughter and this pregnancy. They are really cool actually. Its done just like a regular ultrasound but you can see everything. I can even see hair on my baby boys head in the 3d'd i go tthis time. Even his ears. The lady also took a pic of his legs in 3d and you can see every toe.
    brittoh

Answer by brittoh at 11:43 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I had mine done at 32 weeks. It was awesome. The detail was amazing. You could see her eyes opening and closing in the video. The still pictures look just like her, except for her nose. Her face was pressed up right against the area the tech was holding the ultrasound wand...so her nose looks like it's smashed flat. Anyway, on the video, you could she her sucking her thumb and trying to get the umbilical cord in her mouth....it was truly just a great experience.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 11:47 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• AMAZING!!! I had one at 28-30 weeks and it was sooo detailed. The picture was clear enough that we could tell she has her daddys lips and nose and my eyes and shes not even here yet!
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 11:47 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• if you go into my pictures, there is a yellowy orangy picture in there and that was my 3d picture... it was so cool because i had a 3d 4d and the 4d shows them moving, well i saw her opening and closing her mouth and she reached down and touched her foot, and before that she had her legs crossed and it was the same way i had mine at the moment.... i have a video of mine, and its well worth getting
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 11:48 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• THEY DO NOT STICK ANYTHING INSIDE YOUR VAGINA!

its like a REGULAR ultrasound...if you get a CERVICAL ultrasound then they stick something inside of you but it doesnt hurt AT ALL...

a 3D ultrasound is like a regular ultrasound...goop on ur belly and move that thing around..thats all!!

Racingmomma ur wrong...ive had one done...its NOTHING like u say it is..
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 11:49 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• i had two with my daughter. the first one there wasn't a whole lot of detail to part of her face because the placenta was in the way. the last one was two days before she was born. it was so neat! you could see her mouth open in one of the pics, then puckered into a pucker in another. her little eyebrows and forehead was even all crinkled up like she was pouting. on the second set there was something that looked like her foot up beside her face but the tech told us that it was placenta. it was her foot! because of that foot trying to come thru the birth canal with her head she had to be delievered c-section. there was enough detail to tell that she was going to have my lips. i'd say go for it, but wait till you're towards the end. if it's too early the baby looks like an alien.
    Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 11:50 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• What? racingmomma- no they don't!!

I had a 3D/4D imageing Ultrasound at around 24-25 weeks, and they come out great. I went to "First Glimpse" in colorado and we got tons of pics. and the DVD with the music of our choice. Great experience it's just like a reg. ultrasound but you get to view the baby on a big screen they had sofas for family if you wanted to invite other family members. My husband and I enjoyed the experience and have an AWESOME momento/keepsake.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 11:52 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• i didn't have a wand stuck up in me either. they actually used the same machine to do the regular ultrasound and the 3d/4d one. she did use a different wand, but it's pretty much the same thing.
    Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 11:53 PM on Mar. 29, 2009