Adam and Eve?

Some guy I just met asked me if i believe in Adam and Eve...I said according to the Bible yes. He said we could open this up for discussion but not arguement so I said alright. And he made a pretty good point. It's proven that there were dinasaurs and they were made before humans. But why when the world was created that humans and animals were created in the same week?

Keeely07

Asked by Keeely07 at 11:42 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• The Bible is from man. King James put several different religions into one book
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 11:44 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• What kind of proof did the man have to say that Dinosaurs were made before man?

ronjwake.. LOL you are funny! Did you know that the KJV was not the first bible written?
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:47 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I am not Christian, but I did take several theology courses, from my understanding Moses wrote Genesis while up on the mountain. so when it says "on first day god said 'let there be light'" what it is actually saying is "On the first day that God was talking to Moses he said "I said let there be light"
    So it is not that everything was created in a week, but rather that the creation of the earth was explained to Moses in a week.
    At least according to the Vatican II
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 11:51 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Amelora.. interesting theory. Dunno if I buy it tho.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:10 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Amelora, you might wanna get your money back from wherever you took those theology courses, because you couldn't be further from the truth when it comes to your description of creation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I studied some paleontology (ancient life) in college and I still believe in the Judea-christian god. I also believe that go put Adam and Eve here on this earth to help create or develop the world that we have now. I am not sure it it took seven 24 hour days to create the world but it says in there that all of the animals were put on the earth before Adam and Eve came. What if the time frame for a day was different millions of years ago? We don't know if it was. But I did find it odd that there have been findings of humans that date before the cave-man times and museums don't except the findings even though they have been carbon dated. I do belive in some evolution but I don't believe that we sprouted from little amoebas. I guess it's confusing but you need to get the facts that you know are true and stick by them.

JenFunSniffer

Answer by JenFunSniffer at 12:37 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Where's the proof? Proven by whom? Man and dinosaurs walked this earth together, it is in the book of Job. Moses was given the Ten Commandments on the mtn. not Genesis. Moses was the author of Genesis, but he wasn't "given" by God the book of Genesis up there, he was "given" the Ten Commandments on stones. Exodus 34:28 "So he was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights; he neither ate bread nor drank water. And He wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, The Ten Commandments." It took hundreds of years to write the book of Genesis, Moses was up on the Mtn. for only forty days and forty nights. People back then lived for hundreds of years long.
    Ilovemy5joys

Answer by Ilovemy5joys at 1:19 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Well, according to the bible, dinosaurs would have fallen under the "beast of land" category, which I believe were created on the fifth day (I don't have my bible in front of me right now, so correct me if I'm wrong). So therefore, yes, they would have been created before man. But only a day before.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 6:52 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Jews recognize that the story of Adam and Eve is a teaching allegory. We don't believe they actually lived in the way presented in the bible.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 7:16 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I dont question God or the bible i have faith and believe in both....
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 9:20 AM on Mar. 30, 2009