Some one suggested using sleep aid on an enducing labor question labor why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I read that question and answer. I believe what the answer was trying to say was to get some sleep aids so the woman could rest while she was in slow early labor. It doesnt induce or help labor along, just makes time go by quicker.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 12:31 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• im gonna guess becuase they're on crack. i bet the one person to answer this best is celticreverie..she usually has the good answers
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 11:51 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• I've never heard of taking a sleep aid while pregnant- let alone when you're in labor. It's not something I would do- even if someone said it was safe.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 11:55 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• i think its messed up! i refuse to use any medicine while pregnant because i want to make sure my baby is healthy and doesnt have all these medicines she doesnt need..if i have a head ache. i deal with it...theres no reason why my daughter should take tylenol..you know?
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 11:57 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• sleep aids are safe to take during pregnancy that being said, they dont do much to induce labor except help you rest up maybe
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:59 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• Sleeps aids are a GOOD THING!!! I was in labor for 5 days!! On day three they gave me ambian. and day 4 and day 5, just so I could get some sleep! Most often when labor is induced, it is over night, they give you the petocin (sp) or cervadil(sp) and a sleep aid, the next morning you should be ready to have a baby.
    clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 12:11 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Oh ok thanks imomommmmyyy. Sorry I'm a little frazzled
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Mar. 30, 2009