• In the Spotlight:

How can I make my 8 month old stay still enough to change his diaper?

any tips/tricks will help! he got incredibly antsy around 7.5 months and all of a sudden he doesn't want to be changed at all! I don't think he likes being on his back anymore since he can crawl around and climb.. I'm going nuts with his mobility! help!

GrayKitty

Asked by GrayKitty at 11:54 PM on Mar. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I always give my DD her diaper ointment to play with, i have no idea why, but she loves playing with it. She has never tried to tke the cap off (shes 10 months old) she usually chews on it. I even use it to lure her into get her bum changed... like i said i have no idea why but she loves the tube
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 11:56 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• i just give my 8 month old a toy to play with. they just do not want to stay still at this age.
    lilredsfrm67

Answer by lilredsfrm67 at 11:58 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• i give dd a toy to play with. she like it even better if she thinks she is not supposed to have it so i put stuff close to her and she gets it on her own. then she thinks she really has something and likes it better than if i had given it to her. thats what works for me
    lmaines22

Answer by lmaines22 at 12:03 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• When you find out what helps let me know. I have the same problem with my 7 month old. She wants to stay nakey!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• haha its so funny, I m going thru the same thing. I give him anything i see, nothing dangerous though( duh)
    july4528

Answer by july4528 at 12:15 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• thats so funny. my son is about to be 8 months old & he does the same thing. I grab anything in reach too.. to try & occupy him but nothing helps.
    mocosurfshop

Answer by mocosurfshop at 12:30 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• put stickers on his hands and show them to him. keep a stash of "diaper time only toys" near by for him to play with only during changing times so he doesn't get bored with them, try a small compact mirror, this usually works better than anything because they cant figure out how a baby got in there, lol. my man opens the new diaper and lays it over dd's face and she plays peek a boo with it and just giggles the whole time. I sing the abc's to dd really fast to keep her stunned while I work, some times i sing kind of slow and "surprise" her by saying one of the letters louder and more suddenly, she cracks up. Physically, try holding one of his thighs with one hand to keep him from turning over so fast, if you push it up onto his tummy a little bit (gently but firmly) he won't be able to roll at all, just dont hurt him by holding too tight or pushing too hard.
    chipper87

Answer by chipper87 at 12:31 AM on Mar. 30, 2009