Do spicy foods do anything for labor?

Starting or quickening? Ive heard that it does but I dont believe everything I hear so I was just wondering if anyone else heard this or tried it.

imamommmmyyy

Asked by imamommmmyyy at 12:06 AM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• omg i been eating spicey food for the past week and NOTHING..i cant get 1 contraction...
    ive tried sex...walking for hours, raspberry leaf tea NOTHING!! i cannot get 1 contraction and im right at the end of my pregnancy! im sooo pissed! haha
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• lol Ive tried it all too and im 40 1/2 weeks =/ still nothing...
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 12:15 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I had my baby just over 3 weeks ago and i tried the tricks in the book such as sex, walking, SPICY food, bouncing on the ball and none of them worked.. I personally don't think spicy food helps. I have heard or should i say read other stories online that it worked for others. But personally i think the baby will come when he/she is ready.
    LilStar9905

Answer by LilStar9905 at 12:22 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I'm on pregnancy number 2 and I'm a spicy food nut! I had boneless buffalo wings dozens of times with the first and a bunch of times with this one... spiciness definitely did NOTHING to help with the first, and isn't affecting this one either. Which is great because I love my spicy food! yumyum =]
    wirelessbubbles

Answer by wirelessbubbles at 12:23 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• NOTHING has helped me :( I've been trying for over a week now and nothing has sparked one contraction. She's due tomorrow...I want her outttt!
    knjones

Answer by knjones at 12:52 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• All it does is give you wicked heartburn. A due date is not an expiration date. The baby will come when they're ready.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 1:03 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• hmm, ive actually been 'on watch' due to having labor pains late this week and i have been eating spicy foods (just a craving), i heard that spicy food helps so I was afraid to trigger early labor and didn't. i had sex in the shower and i still feel the same. it all seemed to actually relax me than anything else.
    CandieGirl09

Answer by CandieGirl09 at 2:51 AM on Mar. 30, 2009