Need some advice on TTC.

Well my husband and I have been ttc for four months now. All I have been really doing is monitoring my periods and ovulation. I have always had a 28 day cycle almost to the hour. However, this month, I was a week late. After about 5 negative pregnancy tests, I started. We haven't done anything extra to ttc other than practice alot. We did not have difficulty with our first child. We conceived 10 days after my last pill with him. However, I've been off of the pill for almost a year and haven't used any means of contraceptive for the last four months. Yet, still no positive test. I know that the smart thing to do would be to go to the doctor but we hope to be able to conceive on our own without intervention...unless necessary. I haven't made it to that point yet. I was just wondering if anyone had any helpful tips.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Just relax and have fun doing it. Give it a little time. Don't worry. When your body is right, you'll be havin another baby. If it doesn't want to cooperate by about a year or so, I would definately say doc. Good luck!!
    tykesmommy

Answer by tykesmommy at 3:06 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Even a perfectly healthy couple with no issues on either side can take up to a year to become pregnant. You actually only have about a 20% chance of getting pregnant each month. Also, even though you are having normal cycles, you could still not be ovulating. Maybe go pick up a pack of ovulation tests. When you get a positive, get to the sex that day!! If you don't ever get a positive, then you should probably go see your doctor. You can't get pregnant if you don't ovulate. Good luck!!!
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 9:41 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I went off birth control April of last year. I just now got a positive in the month of March. This will be our 2nd child. I would recommend using ovulation sticks to help you pick out your days..other then that relax and practice every other day! Baby dust to you!
    Anonymous

• If you aren't using ovulation sticks, I would also strongly recommend them. I have several friends who just "knew" when they ovulated, but they weren't getting pregnant. They used ovulation sticks and it turns out they were wrong. Using them they conceived right away.
    kara_g.

Answer by kara_g. at 3:04 PM on Mar. 30, 2009