Watching Incrediables with the kids tonight on abc family and...............

a commercial for a sitcom comes on, not sure which was up trying to get to the tv when I realized the conversation. The girl says "i dreamed I had sex with so and so last night" and the guy says "well at least you are getting some in dreamland" or along those lines. The "I had sex"and the "gettin' some" are direct quotes!

I'm sorry, I am watching a KID movie with my young KIDS on abc FAMILY. I think the show was for abc network. Does anyone think there should be some kind of restrictions here? SOMETHING?

(sorry for the misspellings. Hey Cafemom, can we get spellcheck here too! lol)

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 12:09 AM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• oh thats crazy!! i deff agree they need restrictions for kids channels!
    4lyfe56

Answer by 4lyfe56 at 12:14 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I hate that channel. Like why do they have a show that is completely about smoking pot and having sex as a teenager if they are a family channel???
    dhsredhead

Answer by dhsredhead at 1:22 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Umm change the channel.Find a different one to watch with your kids! LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• You can always write a letter to the newtork. Not sure they'd read it, but it's worth a shot. I've noticed alot more sexually oriented commercials lately. I'm not a prude, but when my kids are watching there needs to be some censoring I think when it comes to the commercials they air. I think it was jack in the box that had some chick washing a car and soaping herself up, I'm like "OMG!" tasteless. I don't go there anyway, won't see a dime from me or my kids.

I never did understand that.

What really gets me is when i'm watching HBO(not family) with the kids and it's a kid movie and we all fall asleep, and I wake up an hour later and there's sex shows on right after a kids movie. true it's HBO, but someone seriously needs to talk to a programming director about that one. Either throw some pg-13 movies on after the kids movies or just don't show them before the racy ones.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 2:40 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• edit: It was carl's jr fast food not jack in the box, I like jack's commericals LOL
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 2:42 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• ABC Family hasn't been very family friendly in a while. But other networks are just as guilty. It's hard enough to find something that you can watch with your kids, then the advertisers have inappropriate content. Geez!
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 3:23 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• The show they were advertising was the new ABC Family show called Roomates. Yeah, I saw the commercial earlier in the day when I was watching Dr. Doolittle : Tale to the Chief (another "family" movie). It seems as if you feel good about letting your family watch a movie together on TV and then BAM! inappropriate commercials pop up. I think you can e-mail them and let them know that that particular clip they are showing is NOT FAMILY FRIENDLY and you and your family didn't appreciate it. Who knows? Maybe if enough people do it they'll change.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:32 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Yea~ we were watching basketball with our 7 yr old on CBS around 7pm on a weekend. An ad for the Connecticut Haunting came on. They sing the song, "Now I lay me down to sleep"... and the kids starts vommitting on the screen. Luckily, we had seen it before and distracted my daughter long enough to TIVO and hit rewind to the game long enough to fast forward thew that commercial, but I couldn't believe they would air that commercial before 8-9pm... She loves to play basketball, she loves to watch it. But we will have to let tivo record a few min ahead before we watch in the future to be able to block commercials.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:30 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• yet another reason why I don't keep cable.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:04 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• eye rolling

A responsible parent wouldnt let a stupid commercial on TV influence their children.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Mar. 30, 2009