HOW DO YOU STOP HAIR FROM FALLING OUT SO MUCH

I UNDERSTAND THAT YOUR HAIR FALLS OUT WHEN YOUR PREGNANT BT MY DAUGHTER IS ABOUT TO TURN ONE AND IT STILL FALLING OUT LIKE CRAZY ...
MY HAIR TIES WOULD USE TO BE FORCE TO GIVE 3RD TURN TO MY HAIR IN THE PASS TO BE TIGHT ... NOW MY HAIR TIES TURN 4 TIMES AND ARE STILL LOSE ... PLEASE HELP

scared19yrold

Asked by scared19yrold at 12:12 AM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Its after birth that the hair falls out. You're right on schedule.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:15 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Questions: Is your hair naturally curly or straight? What kind of hair ties do you use? Can you take Biotin and MSM? How are your hormone levels? How often are you washing your hair and what shampoos are you using?

Curly hair will come out in the shower more than straight (so if you've got curly and you're getting that handful in the shower - don't freak - that's normal for curly hair) Straight hair falls out all during the day, so you don't notice it as much whereas curly hair is essentially all tangle up together and only comes out when you condition it.
    Scrunchies are best for pulling back hair - too many of the others pull the hair out.
    Biotin and MSM vitamins will do wonders.
    If your hormones are out of whack (specifically progesterone) you can have hair loss.
    Shampoo only the scalp, don't pile the hair up in a soapy heap... rinsing the shampoo from your scalp will allow it to run down the hairs (all it needs).
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 12:22 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• The more you wear hair ties, it pulls hair out faster I found out the hard way. Eating healthy and vitamins help.
    susan6xblessed

Answer by susan6xblessed at 12:25 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I had a doctor tell me it was stress---she didn't ask if I was under stress!! It kept falling out. I finally figured to go have my thyroid checked. I was hypothyroid. I started on Armour, started taking biotin, and Evening Primrose. About a year later I started drinking a green smoothie everyday. I also started a tablespoon of ground flax or a teaspoon of olive oil in my smoothie. It has taken over two years, but at 45, my hair has grown back in the places it was almost gone--by the upper temples, and it is thicker. It has grown back a bit squirrely--it sticks up when it never did before:-) I also believe I suffered the hair loss due to the low fat/non-fat eating I was doing. I lost the weight but I also lost my hair:-o Anyway, I believe it is all the veggies and the added "good fats" that helped my hair grow back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Go to the doctor.. and see what they say. perhaps you need vitamins for hair. Try changing your shampoo also.. get a really good moisturizing shampoo
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 10:13 AM on Mar. 30, 2009