Should I go to the Emergency Room?

I am 8 1/2 weeks pregnant and have been coughing horribly for the last 2 days, feel like I have to vomit but there is nothing in my stomach to come up, am congested and when I cough my stomach hurts like a menstrual cramp. I also have diarrhea. I don't have a fever. What I wanna know is should I go to the ER or not? I appreciate the advice. Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I actually had that when I was about 17 weeks prego. I didnt go to the doctor because it only lasted a day. I thought it was morning sickness but after the 3rd time of puking, gaining a fever and laying in bed the whole day. I just took gravel to help with the nausea and slept. i was so close to going to the ER but didn't. If you feel the need to go to the ER, do for it.
    CandieGirl09

Answer by CandieGirl09 at 2:45 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I wou;d call your doctor and ask what they would like ou to do.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 12:19 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• they could do an ultrasound to see if the baby is located in the right spot and make sure its not growing in your fallopean tube...i went at 6 weeks and its been about 31 weeks later since then =p
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 12:19 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• try some manuka honey for the cough. Make sure you stay hydrated and eat banannas!potassium) if your diarhea is bad go to the ER! drink gatorade maybe?
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:26 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I wouldnt rush to the hospital but I would call the doctor to see what he says. I hope you feel better! Hopefully its just a cold.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 12:27 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Well No you don't need to go to the Hospital but you should talk to your doctor about it at your next visit. I cough and lol vomit all the time! No different for me, I do it in my car, lol on the city bus lol everywhere.
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 12:41 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I would call the dr in the morning. It doesn't sound like anything I would want to
    sit in the ER for 12 hours over. Hope you feel better soon :)
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 12:42 AM on Mar. 30, 2009