Mother's Milk Tea (?) Breastfeeding

Hey. My milk supply is too low (my daughter will sit at my breast trying to eat and getting upset because there's nothing left and her amount of wet diapers has decreased dramatically) and I've heard mother's milk tea (is that what it's called) helps. Any advice on it? I've had to use a couple of my emergency stash of milk (milk that I froze a month ago in case I ran out for whatever reason).

Call-Me-Mommy

Asked by Call-Me-Mommy at 12:20 AM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sure, drink the tea, you can also take fenugreek and eat oatmeal and drink water when you sit to nurse (it helps with letdown)
    BUT, the BEST thing you can do is just nurse nurse nurse, on demand, as often as you can!
    Good luck!
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 10:26 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• YES. TAKE IT.

Three times daily.

Please drop by the Breastfeeding Moms group for more help and for a sticky post with EVERY TRICK KNOWN TO WOMAN on increasing supply. If it works to build supply, it's there on the Resources Forum of the group.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:22 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I've heard it works well. If youre in the Breastfeeding Mom's group look at the post on ways to increase your supply. Every technique imaginable is listed.
    Be sure you are drinking a good amount of water and eating 2200-2800 calories a day. If youre dieting your supply will decrease.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:23 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Besides whatever is in the group, the vest way to boost supply is more demand. Constantly offer the breast, let baby use it to pacify, and pump after each feeding even if nothing comes out. Also try fenugreek =)
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 12:35 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• IF you have to supplement, talk to a lactation consultant and have her show you how to use an SNS. Every bottle of formula you give tells your body to decrease production even MORE.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 2:14 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• The tea Didnt work for me I heard drinking a dark beer will make your milk come in very heavy and quickly.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 6:39 PM on Mar. 30, 2009