dating at work

ok here goes i work with all guys cute guys mostly well. Not bad right except there is one in particular that i am attracted to and we flirt quite a bit but not sure if i should persue him since it is at work. he is my type and we do work close together.
so what should i do. should i just leave it as a flirty friend or should i go for it
any help would be appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• Generally dating at work is frowned upon. It can cause tensions and problems if things don't work out. If either of you is in a position to supervise the other, it could open the company up to suspicions of sexual harassment.

But only you know the corporate culture you're in. What's bad in one business might be considered acceptable in another.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:28 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Try talking to him about it. See what he wants to do. Alot of times even flirting at work can get you into trouble. I know some friends that have dated at work and their boss made them sign papers like they would so any affection at work. Its crazy. then you need to ask yourself what happens if you break up. Are you going to feel akward if he dates someone else? Just be careful!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I think you should leave it up to him and see if he is really interested in pursuing you. I would never chase after a guy. If he wants you, he will try to get you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I dated a guy I worked with and ended up marrying him. 7 years later we are still happy in love
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• well we are at the same level as far as neither one of us is in a supervisor role.
    i would never do anything at work to jeopardize my job only outside of work.
    we have joked about going out but have yet to meet up. he is a flirt any how so i can never really tell when he is serious.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Hey I am getting married to my former co worker and wouldnt have it any other way, glad things worked out the way they did
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 5:31 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• That is something that you both need to sit down, and discuss. I would just try to play it cool, and see or follow his lead. It could be a positive thing. I would just be careful since it is at work.
    willsurvive

Answer by willsurvive at 4:32 AM on Apr. 1, 2009