How can I make my husband be the man of the house and have less stress on myself?

I feel like ever since I got layed of f from my job of 2 years, my life has gone down hill and alot of stress has come my way. I feel that my husband leaves alot of the desicion making up to me and all he does is work, come home and that's it. I'm not trying to say that my husband is lazy because he's not, and he does help me take care of the kids on the weekends, but I feel that when it comes to the important things in our family, he takes a big stepn back and he knows nothing. Sometimes he even acts like a big kid himself.

lynn14

Asked by lynn14 at 1:17 AM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• You can't make him be a man. But you need to tell him he has to participate in the big decisions.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:26 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• You can do this. We are women and we can take control. Have you seen the study that shows how much moms should be paid? Let him see that study. Try not to stress about chores; he has his job and now that you are home you have a job too. Let him decide some of the things to help out. Surprise your hubby and be his servant when he gets off work, you may be surprised to see that he will want to help you out more around the house. Don't get frustrated the first day of working and cleaning then giving him a back rub and getting nothing in return, it takes time.

JenFunSniffer

Answer by JenFunSniffer at 1:43 AM on Mar. 30, 2009