Why does my boyfriend not want to be around me now that Im pregnant?

He was fine until I told him that I was prego and now he wont return my phone calls or answer the door when I go to his house.

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 1:25 AM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• Yep. He's afraid. You can ask him if he knows what causes babies, if he'll listen. He sounds like a looser if he's not willing to talk to you but he was willing to have sex with you or vice versa.
    I'm sorry that you are having this hard time. This is the time that you find out who your true friends are. Best of luck.
    JenFunSniffer

Answer by JenFunSniffer at 1:34 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Sounds like he's scared.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:26 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Surprise. This is why you should wait until you are married and it is a mutual decision to have children. Apparently he is not ready to commit, nor be a father. So, he showed this to you, why do you want to pursue it. Let it be, you are better off without him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Alisia, how long have you and him dated? It sounds like you got pregnant in the early stages of a relationship and he's worried. My SO and I are not married but we have a strong relationship and a child.
    DaffodilFae

Answer by DaffodilFae at 2:15 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Because you're pregnant, that's why he's not returning your calls. Sounds to me as if he's not ready for kids, so write his ass a little note explaining that he can not want to see you anymore, but that he's damn sure going to pay child support. Then follow through.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:22 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• men are chicken shits...just leave him alone for a while...he might come around, men scare easily...especially young ones. He will have to pay for it though and I mean with $$.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:30 PM on Mar. 30, 2009