What is the "ONE" thing you wish you knew about marriage prior to getting married?

actress

Asked by actress at 1:28 AM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• that they really change once married. its like that paper just makes them crazy...lol. just dont marry until u hadsome pre-marriatial counseling...agree on things or have a plan if u dont...ask all ?'s first...like money issues, kids, jobs, staying at home, chores, etc...know every little thing about what u each want and expect
    MOMOF2AWESOME1

Answer by MOMOF2AWESOME1 at 2:39 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• i wish i knew what it'd be like. my husband has put me through hell and back and i lovehim but geez if i'd known this i wouldn't have gotten married. he has had problems with porn and all. he hasn't cheated on me but came close. he is doing ALOT better now. atleast i like to think so.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Marriage is something that takes a lot of giving on both sides.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Sex
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• buhh i love everything about my marriage.. and i wouldn't want to change it at all.. but he leaves his socks on the floor every single day! like i could not pick them but and then over time there would be a whole draw worth of dirty socks... some days i tell him i wish i was a lesbian because my girl friend would listen better
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 2:24 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I wish I would have known he was going to change into an selfish!! jerk....That man I married changed as soon as our son was born!!
    If I knew life was going to be this way....I would have ran!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:22 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• i wish someone would have told me that when the times are hard, they are really hard! you seriously do not know what you are getting into. strange though, no matter what anyone would have told me, i still would have done it! love is blind, deaf and dumb!
    ericadrian

Answer by ericadrian at 5:38 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I've only been married since july but my husband is still the great man I fell in love with when we were dating. We've been together for over 3 years and he only changes for the better. I can't complain about really anything in our marriage. He helps with house work, with our son, he is a wonderful provider, he does everything he can to make me happy. He's truely wonderful.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 7:10 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• The habits I overlooked would eventually become annoying after a few years. Is it that freaking hard to push your clothes all the way into the laundry chute..instead they're half in/half out & then you want to know where the sweatshirt you wore yesterday is & why it didn't washed. If it's not in the basket, it isn't going in the washer buddy! lol And take your muddy boots off at the door, even if you just have to run in to get a drink or whatever....I just mopped!
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 8:17 AM on Mar. 30, 2009