Night terrors in two year old

My daughter is 28months old, and over the past few months has starting having what I believe are night terrors(not nightmares, her symptoms point to night terrors as far as I know) She usually wakes me and her father 1-2x a night with screaming/crying/whimpering, but has never woken up from them. I feel so bad for her that I don't know how to help, and her speech is delayed due to malnutrition from a genetic disorder so I have no idea how these are affecting her psyche, though during the day she an extremely happy child. I am just so scared for these night terrors, is there really nothing I can do about them? BTW, her genetic disorder is cystic fibrosis, and she has two surgeries, 1 at 4days old and another at 16months, both with problems that could be conceived at traumatic, in case that has anything to do with the cause. I just want to know how to get rid of them, for both our sake. Please help

vintageGlamurrr

Asked by vintageGlamurrr at 1:38 AM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• don't worry. there really is nothing you can do but sit and watch. sooner or later it will stop. just make sure that they are safe and not going to hit anything. my son had them awful..i just sat and cried and waited until it was over then thanked God for everything cause things could have been worse. my son started sleepwalking too. they will tell u that 50% of kids who have terrors will do it. the kids dont remember a thing. so, dont sweat it. they dont remember like nightmares so its not cause of his illness, its just a thing that "normal" kids go thru. i will pray 4 u and God Bless u and urs!
    MOMOF2AWESOME1

Answer by MOMOF2AWESOME1 at 2:26 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I would also like to know what I can do. My 2 year old does the same thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Oh goodness, sleepwalking opens up another world of fears for my family, as her last surgery was for a feeding tube that would feed her during the night, where she would be attached to a tube all night(again, she got her feeding tube because she was malnurished due to her genetic disorder) so fingers crossed everybody that sleepwalking does not come next for my daughter(or anyone elses) but at least not strong enough where she unplugs her tube
    vintageGlamurrr

Answer by vintageGlamurrr at 2:36 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Dont let her watch anything that is scary, or kid scary if that makes since, my nice went through this and she would wake up freaking out and screaming :His in the house"! come to find out, it was the grinch!! you knw the movie "how the grinch stole christmas" this was her favorite movie and they stopped leting her watch this and her nighmares stoped completly. We are firm Bible believing family, we believe that GOd can heal, take away and keep away harm including nightmares, and unseen things. so at our home if i feel scared or my kids feel this way, (my husband works third and i m at home with the kids by myself at night) we open our BIBLES and leave them on the table, one in the hallway on the table and one in each kids room. We also believe in SHOT GUNS FOR INTRUDERS!!!hahaha, but i will keep her in my prayers b-c i knw that this is not fun for any mom or any kid!God bless you guys
    jesussaves424

Answer by jesussaves424 at 8:17 PM on Mar. 31, 2009