Is two hours a day enough time to spend with your baby?

If I spend two hours a day with my baby will it be enough time for her to bond with me? I want her to know I am her mom and love me. Is two hours a day enough time to raise her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Mar. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• I don't think its alot of time personally. But whats going on in your life that thats all you have? Single mom working two jobs?
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:42 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Honey, as long as they are productive, YES! Make sure you spend the whole two hours on her. Rock her, cuddle her, read to her... Make that her time!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I don't think 2 hours is enough time at all.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 1:51 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• If that's all you have, then make it the best two hours. I mean, if you're out partying with your friends, or working that much when you have a husband who can support you, then it's not enough.

But if you're a single mom, and that's all the time you have left after working to provide for your child, then enjoy those two hours with your baby.

Good luck!
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:55 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• it's not about the amount of time but the quality time you spend with your child
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:56 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Well, two out of 24 hours isn't a lot. But bonding is something you do every day of your life, till you're laid in the grave. I wouldn't worry too much about the bonding part over being able to be a good influence on your child.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:57 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Probably not, but if it's all you give your baby, make them the best two hours you possibly can.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 4:23 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Yes and No. Yes on a short term, but you need to seriously look at your life and see if you can find ways of having more time with your child. When my son was born, I had to return to work when he was two months old. I dropped him off at daycare at 5:30 AM and picked him up at 6 PM because I worked in Seattle. I then drove home 40 minutes and had maybe less than 2 hours to spend with him because of sleep needs. I couldn't tolerate this, so I found a job close to his school, sold my house and moved to a small apartment close to his school and by the time he was 7 months old, I was able to spend over 5 hours a day focused solely on him, between the morning and night. 2 hours is good, as long as it's focused, but look at your life to see what can change to make it more. Good luck, but it CAN be done!
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 9:40 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Well.. a mother could be with her child all day, and not pay any attention to her.
    Or a mother could spend 2 hours playing and bonding with her daughter.

I think it's quality over quantity..
    But just make sure your priorities are in place. Good luck!
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 10:42 AM on Mar. 30, 2009