so worried

I'm 5'6 and 180 i can't stop eating, and all i think about is food. what can i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• eat.. it's good to gain weight when you're pregnant. just choose healthy food. don't get me wrong, a bowl of ice cream or a few cookies (or whatever your fav orite sweet) every once in a while won't hurt, but you want healthy weight, not junk food weight, while you're pregnant
    pringles_697

Answer by pringles_697 at 1:48 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I'm 150pds when I used to be 105pds at the most so i sometimes feel that problem too where I feel like I'm doing wrong by eating so much. I think about food when I dont want too. I even dreamt about food once. It sucks but I know its whats best for baby right now so I try to eat healthy, of course.
    CandieGirl09

Answer by CandieGirl09 at 2:48 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Protein. Eat it. It will keep you full longer. Drink a glass of water before each meal and eat slower than you normally do.

Gaining weight during pregnancy is good. And now is the time to splurge and eat what you would like. But pregnant or not, portion control is huge! Be good all day and eat what you need to and reward yourself with something that you really want at night. keep small treats at hand to keep a sweet tooth at bay. Eat foods that make you feel full. Keep hydrated!
    LoveMyBlessings

Answer by LoveMyBlessings at 3:03 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• It isn't good to gain TOO much weight during pregnancy. Doing so can open you up to health complications. Although many do (I did!) it isn't recommended that you gain more than 40lbs during pregnancy (and no less than 25lbs). It also isn't good to gain it all at once. Weight should be gained gradually during pregnancy. You are not "eating for two" as the saying goes. A pregnant woman only needs about 300 extra calories (if you follow a 2,000 calorie diet, you'd intake 2,300 calories per day) per day. That's 200 LESS than when you give birth and are breast feeding (BFing mothers should intake 500 extra calories per day). If you're hungry, satisfy your hunger with fruits and vegitables and some protein. Avoid heavy starches, processed sugars, sodium, processed meats and processed, yeasty breads/rice (all things our bodies can't digest or have trouble processing/digesting).
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 3:53 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• (cont.) If you happen to eat a lot of things that do not have good nutritional value and/or that the human body has difficulty processing and digesting (the things I mentioned), it may be causing you to feel more hungry, especially because of the increased nutritional needs due to pregnancy. Someone can be well-fed and still malnurished at the same time. Hunger can be just a pregnancy quirk but it can also be your body trying to tell you that it is lacking something that you're not giving it when you eat. Become a label-reader, research what foods are good for your body and eat those things.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 3:56 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• As long as you are eating healthy whole foods then chow down!! You can eat as many fruits and veggies as you want, so take advantage. Your body is trying desperately to get the nutrients that it needs. I wish I had followed that rule during my pregnancy. I gained 60lbs and at least 20 of it was from snickers bars! Again, just make sure it's healthy foods!
    BTW dark chocolate is actually healthy for you during pregnancy. Women who eat one serving of dark chocolate a day have a significantly smaller chance of ever developing pre-E

http://goodnewsaboutchocolate.com/?p=25
    Lilbeamercomin

Answer by Lilbeamercomin at 3:59 AM on Mar. 30, 2009