Boyfriend in jail because of me...Can I fix this ??

My boyfriend is in jail because I wrote statements on him. ( I know , I know ) I was also arrested and was let out bc I did the statements and bc I am pregnant. Well long story short, they let me out and he's still there ( 6 ms. now) They want me to testify against him, If I don't testify or show up for court will they have a case against him ? Or will they have to do a mis trial and let him go ? I know a warrant will be put out for me but it would be ALOT easier to be my case then his ( he has 13 charges I have 3) I know yall aren't lawyers or what , But I really can't talk to anybody about this. Just opinions

and nice ones please. I know this is a stupid situation.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• I meant to say " Alot easier to BEAT my case. " not be..lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• i would suggest letting him pay for whatever he did. You should probably consider finding a new man though. He doesn't really sound like a winner.
    It won't matter whether or not you show up to court though. They have your written statements and will still use those against him. That will be just as good as having you there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Think about the child you are carrying before you do anything that could send you to prison.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:51 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• did you know that if you're in prison when you have your baby that they will take it away and you will never see it?
    pringles_697

Answer by pringles_697 at 1:52 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• DUH
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• it would be better to take the fall for him considering how many charges he has.. but they might still be able to charge him depending on what he did so it'd be better to go and change what you said then to just not show up.. picked a real winner btw...
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 2:16 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• As nicely as I can say this....... and I don't mean to sound insensitive, but have you lost your mind? You're willing to risk your freedom and possibly your child for a guy who has 13 (I'm assuming) legitimate charges against him? Taking the fall for this guy is going to do what? A person can find themselves in some really stupid situations, and you have, but don't continue to be stupid. I don't quite understand all this "They made me make statements on him" stuff, you mean they made you roll on him? You gotta get you right and let him worry about himself, that baby comes first now, and will, or should from now own. You are not talking about doing what's right for the baby, you're talking about choosing him over the baby, and that's what's stupid here.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:28 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I am not taking the fall for him. AT ALL.
    I Said, I am not going to show up so it'll be a mistrial , with no witness no case.
    I am also moving to another state. AND hiring a lawyer. They will drop his charges if they don't have substantial proof i.e me.
    He get's out.
    I get a lawyer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:52 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• "with no witness no case"

Nope! My dad was a lawyer for 30 years. He successfully prosecuted many, many criminals without a witness there to testify. Your statement you gave to the cops is all they need. It is extremely common for a witness to not show up. It happens all the timein situations like yours, where the witness is a friend or family member of the defendant. It happens alot too in violent crimes where the witness is scared to testify. I agree you really need to take a second look at who you picked to father your child. Is that who you want your child to turn out like? Your child is the most important person now. Also you need to understand that your boyfriend is NOT in jail because of you! He is in jail for the stupid things he did. You need to seek help from a counselor if you really believe it is your fault. Has your bf been telling you it is your fault?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:15 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Your not showing up WILL NOT help him and could seriously hurt YOU.

Stop trying to defend this guy. He did the crime, he needs to do the time and is not worth YOUR time. Defend your BABY. The baby is helpless.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:19 AM on Mar. 30, 2009