How do you deal with your S/Os family?

My S/Os family is like a Jerry Springer episode. They seem to take turns at picking a reason to get angry at me or blame me for some issue. They interfere whenever my S/O and I get into a fight. My MIL even told me we should just get it over with and break up if we aren't happy, she once told me I needed to get my own apartment because our house wasn't clean. I don't know what degree my S/O attempts to stop them but it doesn't seem like anything. They never apologize. Yet my S/O still lets them come over or invites them to events and expects me to go. We've been together for 3 years and I am wondering how my S/O is related to these people. Any suggestions?

dhsredhead

Asked by dhsredhead at 2:00 AM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• idk my s/o's family isn't like that
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 2:06 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• i am not the biggest fan of my husbands mother so i just stay as far away from her as i can...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:07 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I've heard similar stories from other women before. It's not an easy solution as your SO is related to difficult people. You can TRY and tell him how you feel and see what you both agree to. There should be no reason why they get involved and try to upset you often. They are in the wrong IMO not you. You're trying your hardest to get along with things and you don't need this stress.
    DaffodilFae

Answer by DaffodilFae at 2:08 AM on Mar. 30, 2009