Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help! My husband snores!

Anyone have any idea on how to get him to stop snoring? We have tried those breathing strips, and he is allergic to them. We have also tried the throat spray, nose spray and snore away pills...even laying in new positions, and to no avail. Help! I need sleep! Thanks!

Answer Question

Asked by devinmendsen at 2:06 AM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Health

Level 1 (2 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • make him sleep on the couch ;) thats what i do to my husband.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

  • nothing worked? maybe you should invest in some ear plugs lol

    Answer by pringles_697 at 2:11 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

  • He should probably go see a doctor. It could be sleep apnea, nasal allergy, adenoids or a host of other things that can be treated by a professional. It wouldn't hurt for him to get a checkup, although if he's like most men, he probably won't want to go. lol. If that's the case, maybe some alternate sleeping arrangements may have to be made so you can get the shut eye you need.

    Answer by CinderAmethyst at 2:18 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

  • See a doc. Snoring is often a symptom of other problems.

    Answer by gdiamante at 3:13 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

  • I agree with seeing a doctor because sometimes it is related to other health issues. I know alot of people who have to sleep in separate rooms until it is cleared up.

    Answer by VaDivaMom at 5:52 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

  • My husband recently consulted a doctor about this long time problem. The doctor prescribed a nasal spray. Usually if I can get him to roll over, and if he sleeps on two pillows- to elevate his head- then it isn't too bad, but sometimes it still keeps me awake. The ear plug thing isn't an option because I have to be able to hear the alarm when it goes off in the morning (his snores are far louder than an alarm.) What has helped in the past is a white noise device of some kind. I've used an air cleaner that makes a droning noise when it runs- it is still noise, but at least it is a steady noise and not loud and startling noise. But the first step is to consult a doctor.

    Answer by Bmat at 8:59 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

  • Definitely consult a doctor. Sometimes snoring is caused by the body fighting to get air when it stops breathing for short periods. My husband snores very loudly, and he finally went in to our family doctor and discussed it, and the doctor helped us make arrangements for a sleep study, which is coming up next month. The most important thing is to make your husband realize that this could be a sign of a life-threatening medical condition and that seeing a doctor will not hurt anything.

    Answer by chicorycffeemom at 12:30 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

  • try an humidifier. Especially one of those that you can add an inhalant to(like vicks liquid vapor steam). Seems to be that in the winter time, or when it's dry outside, my SO snores more often than he would when it's more humid out. If this is something that just is starting, could just be too dry of weather. If that doesn't work, then I would go see a dr like everyone else suggested. Good luck

    Answer by DarkRaevyn at 9:45 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Health