I have a windows vista, and if you can answer this PLEASE help.

If you don't touch the computer after a few minutes the screen turns black. I guess in sleep mode or something? I don't have a personal screen saver, but is there a way to check how many minutes it takes of no one touching the keyboard or mouse for it to turn black? I know it's a silly question but I have a reason. LOL.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 AM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• There should be a setting in your display options that tells you what it's set to. I can't remember exactly what it is; we had Vista and backtracked to XP because Vista performed so poorly.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:11 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I think when you go to the desktop and right click choose personalize then screen saver and then it will give you options for changing the time. I hope this is what you are looking for.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:15 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Hmm if you click on your control panel, and then go to Appearances and themes, there should be a way to adjust the time it takes to go into sleep mode. I can't remember any more than that, though, sorry.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 3:16 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Right clip on your desktop. Go to personalize. Than go to screen saver. You can also make a screen saver of your own there.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 3:16 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• 1) Click Control Panel,2) Then Hardware and Sound, 3) Power Options and 4) finally click on Change when the computer sleeps.
    This will control when it goes into sleep mode, When your screensaver comes on ( If you have one) Along with how much energy/power you use.
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 7:15 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• There is a way but I don't remember how. My SO changed mine so that the screen turns off after about 30 minutes of nonuse. I guess I should pay more attention when he is helping me out.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:12 PM on Mar. 30, 2009