I have panic attacks..

For almost no reason at all sometimes. The smalled amount of stress can send me into a panic attack. Like the stress of even something as stupid as looking at a showdown. Just an example.. i mean stuff THAT small. I've tried three different medications for my depression and stress but I get so many side effects from them its nuts.. like on i one i started dreaming about a man that was in love with knives and was trying to kill me so i slept with him.. that shit is seriously messed up, lol.. I'm tired of meds... But What in the heck am I supposed to do about these panic attacks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 AM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Health

• What did it for me (I took meds too and had horrible reactions to them).. is to realize that when you panic, it can't kill you... it won't make you pass out (unless of course you hold your breath...)... it can in NO WAY hurt you. In fact, the panic makes your heart stronger. Once you reaize that you've had it before and you're still here, it isn't as scary.
    Next time, ride it out. Don't jump up for a wet rag or anything. Dare it to get worse. It always ebbs up and then at some point it always stops. Remember that. Also, try this, it worked for me... when you feel one coming on, just say to yourself "I don't have time for this. I've got things to get done."... especially if you're in the middle of doing something.
    You don't always need pills... panic is all in the mind, you can control it.
    Feel free to pm if you need to
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 6:18 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I wish I could help! lol. I have the same problem. I've never taken medication, but I have dabbled with meditation a bit, and that seems to help some.

jessnpaulie1014

Answer by jessnpaulie1014 at 5:21 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Same here
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 1:19 PM on Mar. 30, 2009