i iknow this is probably a really stupid and weird quesiton lol but

you know how if the wind hits a babies face they cant breathe they have to catch their breath when it happens? well when does that stop? like when is it okay for it to be a little windy and not worry about them not being able to breathe?

i know it sounds like a really weird question but i always worry she cant breathe ....

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:58 AM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You shouldn't worry about it. It's not that they can't breath, it's like a surprise reaction because it's a new feeling for them. When a strong wind hits you in the face you do the same thing even though you don't realize it.
    Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 5:01 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• And it's not a stupid question. No question is stupid except the one not asked. :-)
    Madge1428

• oh madge you are so sweet... and im not being sarcastic... everyone is always so bitchy and your answer was lovely...
    i agree with madge...
    sunshine89

Answer by sunshine89 at 5:27 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Does it ever really stop? LOL. I'm 32 and wind in the face still makes ME catch my breath!
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 6:55 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• ...I never noticed that. hehe
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 2:07 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I don't know... I always wondered the same thing! When my son was a newborn, he would sputter every time the wind hits his face, so we had to cover him up. I was told (by my SO's step-mom) that young babies don't know how to handle the wind, and being exposed to wind could cause gas and stomach pains...? Maybe it's not that they -can't- breathe, but are taking in too much air. We took my 9 month old outside the other day, it was quite windy, he did the sputtering thing again but figured out how to handle it. After that, he was like a pro. He just didn't like the wind in his face... but who does? I'm sure I didn't answer your question, but hey, I contributed. ;)
    Anonymous