Do you think that all the free porn that is available online should be controled or even stopped?

It just seems like there is so much out there, and while I dont really have an issue w/ porn in general, but there is just SO much of it online and free easy to axcess, I worry about my kids finding it like crazy when they are old enough

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:26 AM on Mar. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would be pissed if I had to start paying for porn! That said, it is WAY too easy to get into...the sites need to have stricter controls than "I'm 18, Enter" Nobody has to prove anything.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:18 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• They have parental blocks and things of that nature that you can install on your web browser.
    jessnpaulie1014

Answer by jessnpaulie1014 at 5:27 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Personally, I don't like porn and I don't want it in my house. However, people who do like it and want it have their right to it.

However, I do like an idea that, unfortunately, was shot down. Basically, it was suggested that there be a .xxx created, sort of like how there's a .com, a .net, and so on. That way, porn sites would have to be registered with a .xxx web address, so it was still there, free, charged for it, whatever, but there would be no doubt as to what it was, and no way it could be easily stumbled on.

As far as the blocks, we have them and use them, but there are a lot of things that get blocked that aren't porn. My dd was doing a report on the reproductive system and had breast cancer in there. She was blocked from a lot of places with the filter on high, but lowering even to the next level unblocked a lot of porn sites.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 5:40 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I understand there are parental blocks and whatnot you can put on your comp but I guess with this question I am asking is there anyway it can be stopped or not so available? I remember there was a time when porn online wasnt so easy to find with out actually looking for just that it wasnt until maybe ten years or so that it got really bad and even then you had to pay for most everything
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:25 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I actually had my cousin do that on this exact computer. I had to put parental controls on just so she wouldnt go on the sites. It's fine but I can only imagine how long this will last until she finds another site for me to ban. I do agree that there are ALOT of them out there and should be controlled alot better so that way parents (or cousins) don't have to worry about this happening to their kids! I don't have a problem with them but I'm sure that I'm one of the oppisite ones.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:26 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• no! But I think it should be harder to open. It shouldnt just be pow there it is in full technicolor cause you misspelled a word. I paid for webmop and it stopped even Dick's Sporting Goods from opening cause it flags words on sites.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:06 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I dont support porn I think its really sad when people watch it how lonely do you have to be but adults shouldnt have to suffer because we have kids its the parents job to monitor their kids.Noone made us have them we choose to have them so why should somone else take part in raising them (keeping adult things away from them online) there are plenty of things like netnanny to keep kids from seeing that stuff
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• LOL!! Anon 9:43. I like porn and my life is far from boring or lonely! I do not watch it on the computer since my computer is for work purposes and most of that crap gives viruses, and my kids have their own computer with all that stuff blocked. My 9 yr old isn't allowed to just type in whatever in the browser. I have her sites set to the desktop so if she wants to go to Disney, the icon is right there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I remember when i was younger, i would stumble on one of those "are you 18, enter" pages and i was too scared to click yes because i wasn't 18 and i knew that if you had to be a certain age its probably something i shouldn;t see. But, i love porn. I think it can be too easy. But, thats what parental blocks are for. It will never become unavaible. Its the second MOST searched subject on the net. First being your family tree. (weirdly)
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 10:25 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I hate porn! It doesn't bother me, but the viruses that come with it do. My last computer was so virus-ridden from dh's porn habit that it took a half hour to turn on. And those filters don't stop it all. I was at school, oh I'd say 8 years ago lol. Looking for a vet for my cat. Guess what popped up through the school's filter? Oh, yeah. Beastiality porn!!! I clicked out of there so fast but will never forget that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Mar. 30, 2009