anyone scared to raise their child in such a sick world?

yesterday i posted a question about homeschooling. today my question is, anyone scared to raise their kids in this violent disgusting world? im sorry but i opened my yahoo site to read the news and a boy murdered and decapitated his sister and i cant. eveyday is another murder story, every day is another person killing someone, or another child going missing. my goodness, i just want to move to a desolate area of the words and be left alone to raise my kids in seclusion. anyone else have days like this? where they are scared well terrfied for their childs future? or terrified about this world going down the crapper? im absolutely disgusted today. and more and more i know my fears about the world are validated. i wish i was wrong.

stefirose22

Asked by stefirose22 at 7:03 AM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I couldn' t agree more. Just remember who is in control. My God, my God, cry out to him he WILL listen.
    mama32177

Answer by mama32177 at 7:06 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I'm terrified, LOL. We just got the paperwork for pre-registration for public school this week, and in all honesty, I am DREADING DD going to public school. If it weren't for finances, I would home school in a heartbeat.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 7:10 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Remember there is a god above, who knows best. Remember this world, our lives are temporary. We have an eternal life in the hereafter. Remember to earn the good rewards and do good. I am a bizymoms Tampa community mom. http://www.bizymoms.com/tampa/index.php and joined Cafe mom recently. Why don’t you join us and we can share more thoughts.
    Step2Wise

Answer by Step2Wise at 7:19 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Im probably not as scared as most. We moved from a major city to a tiny town., Its an awesome place for kids to grow up in. I feel safe with unlocked doors and letting my kids ride bikes here. In the city I didnt. I also try to limit my news intake. That can be so depressing. I also think some of the hell kids are experiencing is lack of parental involvement. Working in the social service field I got to used to seeing that. Thankfully I am now an at home mom again.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 7:46 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Unfortunately it happens all the time and way before us. You just didn't hear it as often because technology was not what it is today. I'm scared, but I don't want to live my life that way or bring my children up to be in fear of living their lives. Doesn't matter if you go to a public school, private school or home school the dangers are still there. We are not safe in our own homes as we would like to think. Anything can happen anywhere at anytime. We just have to live our lives to the fullest at this present time and pray.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:48 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Of course the world is scary. But, greater is He who is in us, than he who is in the world. So, when it all gets to be too much, I just turn to God. It doesn't all magically go away, but He does make it more easy to deal with.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 8:22 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• NO. Like attracts Like. So why would you put out there what you don't want to see? That's why I only watch the news long enough to know what the weather is going to be so I know how to dress. I don't my attention into the "bad stuff in the world". I put out good energy so only good energy surrounds me and my family. GOD IS GOOD!!
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 8:32 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I'm scared of mine going anywhere. Since that park shooting it bothers me to take her there.
    kittie1919104

Answer by kittie1919104 at 8:39 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Don't you all think something could be DONE to change how the world is instead of ignoring the news or just waiting to be with God? How about paying attention to the news so you are informed enough to vote against things that hurt our country....for example? I'm so sick of hearing people say they just sit and "put their faith in God" to fix things. That's called not doing anything. God isn't your servant.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 9:46 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Do you really think the world is a scarier place today than it was 100 years ago?  200?  1000?  I don't!  I think the dangers that we face are very different than they were in the past.  200 years ago the city of London was paralyzed with fear because of a serial killer nicknames Jack the Ripper.  1000 years ago life was very harsh.  Disease, violence and the very fight for survival is enough to make our world seem like a picnic.

I choose not to dwell on the ugly things in life.  I teach my children how best to protect themselves and how to keep safe, and then we focus on all the beautiful things that life in the 21st century has to offer.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:54 AM on Mar. 30, 2009