My son has slept thru the night for months. Now ever since my husband and I Came back from a weeks vacation without him he will not, at least up 1 or 2 times. Any ideas, I'm tired?

mama32177

Asked by mama32177 at 7:10 AM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He is probably having some separation anxiety. At 17 mos, he's too young to understand what "vacation" is. He just knows you left, later you came back, but now he's probably afraid that you will leave again. It may take a few weeks for him to realize that you aren't going anywhere. You may need to nap when he naps for a while, so you can keep up with him. We had a phase like that after the recent "time change" AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH! LOL! Hang in there, this isn't forever!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 8:13 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I'm going through the same thing but we didn't go on vacation or leave or anything.. my son just kinda flipped the switch IDK why.. the past few days he's been teething/fever and been waking up about 2 hours after we put him in his crib so I just put him in bed with us. I know Im taking the easy way out.. but he will wake up a few times and wake up for good at 6 now.. I need my sleep!!! I guess he's just gonna be my little cuddle muffin for a while hahaha. Sorry I wasn't any help for you but I don't know what to do myself.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 7:14 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• yeah i would have to agree w/ the other answer. he just probably wasn't used to you being gone, and him waking and you not being there probably stressed him a little bit. keep going in to check on him and give him the reassurance and security he missed out on while you were away, and he'll realize you're not leaving this time. it should pass pretty soon! GOOD LUCK!
    7mom1977

Answer by 7mom1977 at 11:15 AM on Mar. 30, 2009