My little man needs help fast!!

My lil' man is having a really really hard time pooping... I called the doc and she said prun juice, he's 8 weeks old and really needs to go.. poor little guy has been trying for a few days!!! Do you think I can give him a baby supository (SP)??? I know his poops close, I can see it when he pushs (TMI??) He is in alot of pain and screams sometimes..

ashley_hatty

Asked by ashley_hatty at 7:11 AM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would get children glycerine suppositories. Cut it in half. Use KY and push it in with your pinky.
    I would undress you baby to his diaper... and wrap in a towel... because it can get messy!!!!
    Never give an enema though without a doctors OK... you can throw off you childs electrolytes.
    Then I would start a little pear juice daily - I would start with 1/2 oz daily and see if it helps.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:54 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Yes, Prune Juice will work also massage his belly in circles around his bellybutton. I know it sounds crazy, but just try it. I promise it works. My son is 17 months and I stll massage him belly once ina while.
    mama32177

Answer by mama32177 at 7:14 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Follow the doctor's directions....and the belly massage mentioned above.

Also..."deep knee bends"...push his knees up towards his chest. Don't bend him in half, bend his knees. That helps, too.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:22 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• it's not he has gas... his poops are hard as rocks, big rocks he cant push out...
    ashley_hatty

Answer by ashley_hatty at 7:25 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Baby enemas. They have them at the pharmacy. Is your son getting a lot of iron in his diet? Sometimes that can constipate a baby. My son went through that at that age.
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 7:47 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• You could also try letting him sit in a nice warm bath. It has a tendency to loosen things up. But be prepared for some serious clean up afterwards. GL!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 7:48 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• When you play with him move his legs in a bicycling movement with baby in a reclining position. It really helped my little boy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:02 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Our ped. recommends DARK Karo syrup - 1 tsp twice a day. I just mixed it in his bottle. Best wishes!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 10:19 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• My suggestion: call your doc back, be sure you explain just how severe his constipation is (she may think it's milder than it really is) and ask her what she thinks about the suppositories.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Our son has never had a problem pooping...not sure if that was good or bad...LOL

Our friend's son who is the same age as ours has had trouble pooping since day 1. They give him very small amounts a fruit juice every day. I think they started with 1 oz when he was just a couple weeks old. Now that he is 11 months, he is up to 4 ozs a day. He has been pretty regular ever since.
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 11:54 AM on Mar. 30, 2009