What's your favorite song?

DH and I have started a band with one of his friends. Our mission is to be a "Saturday night" praise and worship band - playing both secular and Christian music. The goal is for our listeners to have a great time and maybe plant the seeds in their mind of God's love and mercy.

My question is, what songs would you like to hear in such a band, keeping in mind that our audience will be both Christian and non-Christian alike?

jennijune_21

Asked by jennijune_21 at 7:13 AM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Dive by Steven Curtis Chapman. It's old but it would be perfect for that. It's a great song, you should look it up if you haven't heard it.
    sw33t_blond3

Answer by sw33t_blond3 at 7:46 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I LOVE that song, LOL. That's another one that is constantly floating in my head . . .
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 7:54 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• My favorite is "Because He Lives",by Bill and Gloria Gaither. We saw them in concert a few years back,and it was such a great show. That song just pretty much says it all. "Because He lives, I can face tomorrow. Because He lives, all fear is gone. Because I know He holds the future,and life is worth the living just because He lives." Such profound words,and so true. I also love anything by the Newsboys,and Mercy Me. Happy hunting, and best wishes on your band! God bless you!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 8:20 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• ok.. as a non-christian here...
    One of my favorite songs is "Hero" by Enrique Iglesias
    If you listen to the words it can mean almost anything to anyone...
    I so happens to the one I dance to with my dh... he's my hero...lol... (when he is a good boy)..LOL..
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:52 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I never thought of Hero, gmasboy. That IS a good song . . .
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 8:58 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Beautiful by Christina Aguilera is a great song too, I think.

As for churchy type songs...from my days back in church, Love One Another and I Know That My Redeemer Lives(but Im not sure if they are sung outside LDS churches but they are pretty).
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 10:47 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• A.D.I.D.A.S
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Yahweh, by U2. Or Only Fools by Crystal Lewis.
    Raintree

Answer by Raintree at 11:05 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I encourage you to write your own songs too, not just use someone elses. It may have more of an impact?
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:20 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Mine is I Can Only Imagine by Mercy Me. I love that song, because I think we all feel like we know how we would react when we meet Jesus, but this song made me question exactly how I would feel and behave.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:40 PM on Mar. 30, 2009