What is some healthy meal plans?

My husband and I really want to lose some weight but, I dont know what meals is healthy for you and how to portion them out. So I really dont know how to start trying to eat healthy. I know yogurt is good but, I need some advice.

mommyof20608

Asked by mommyof20608 at 8:28 AM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• My doctor has warned me to lose weight and when you are use to eating what you want its so hard. So, what I did was when I go out to a restaurant i write down everything on their weight watchers menu and go look up the menu online. My favorite is garlic herb chicken breast with steamed broccoli and parsley potatoes.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 11:35 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• www.aimeesweightlossadventure.com and dotties zone has great recipes on both there sites..just start by counting calories you at 1800 a day and your hubby at 2200 aday calorie king has calories for nearly everything
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 1:34 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Most importantly you have to be determined and ready to make changes in your eating habits and exercise level. So you can start with chicken and fish,cut back on the amount of starchy foods you eat and go with lots of veggies and salads. Then,Try www.thedailyplate.com   there you can keep track of what you eat in a day,and it will help you figure out how many calories you can eat in a day depending on your weight,age,and activity level. There are also menu plans and logs to find calories in what you eat. There is also a nice message board/forum for support. Its effective. Good luck!

guardmp_MOM

Answer by guardmp_MOM at 4:33 PM on Mar. 30, 2009