• In the Spotlight:

Did you "earth hour" ?

We did. It was a blast! DH and I put the kids down early, turned everything off, and concentrated on US for a change! We played cards and drank some wine and just laughed and had a great time re-connecting.

We plan on a weekly "earth hour" now.

What did YOU do for your hour in the dark (LOL)?

jennijune_21

Asked by jennijune_21 at 8:54 AM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yes we did earth hour but sadly we were the only house on our block that did, dh was bored after 10 mins and ds wasn't too pleased either. i lit a few candles and we both showed our son how to use a new toy that he had gotten from granny
    dee778

Answer by dee778 at 9:12 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Answered at 8:12 AM on Mar. 30, 2009 by: dee778
    yes we did earth hour but sadly we were the only house on our block that did,

That's okay, I think we were the only ones in our TOWN that did!!
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 9:13 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I forgot all about it! The kids were watching the Kids Choice Awards on Nickelodeon and my husband was at work.

I didn't remember until I was going to bed which was around midnight. Oh well maybe next year : (
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 9:13 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I think it's dumb. We weren't home all day long so everything was off all day anyways.. so I was not about to turn off the power for the 2 hours I was here in the evening. I was playing The Sims 2. :)

s.teph

Answer by s.teph at 9:33 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• We weren't home so sort of, our power wasn't being used. Does that count?
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 9:59 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I think it's dumb.

Just curious as to why?

jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 10:21 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• We did as best we could as DD4 was still up, so we turned all the lights down, but for the first 1/2 hour we had the tv on, and I had to turn her light on in her room for bed, there was NO WAY she was going to sleep in pitch black =)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:32 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I think its dumb and here's why..
    Most ppl are gone during the day and therefore aren't using any power. Those who are at home, like myself, use windows for light. Most ppl probably conserve more than you think because of the high price of power. Doing it at night was just a way for GW fanatics to say "see all these ppl who care about the earth" when most of us DO care. You just can't "see" it during the day.
    JanMarie225

Answer by JanMarie225 at 10:34 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• My teens were out, hubby was crashed on the couch because of his muscle relaxer he takes for his back and I totally forgot.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 11:33 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• BTW, during the day the lights are off and the TV is off and all of the things that can be unplugged are. The only thing on is my computer. So, we conserve energy at least from 7a-5p every day. Once my husband and sons get home the TV and game system get plugged back in but before then, we are doing our part.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 11:35 AM on Mar. 30, 2009