Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child Support Are You Receiving It?

I am wondering how many women out there are raising children without any child support? My daughter's former just relate once again he is being fired from his position. In the two years they've been separated he's paid support nine out of twenty four months. Of which three months were a fragment of it. In all he has depend upon my daughter to finance everything when they were together, support the entire family unit without anything coming from him. When she uncover he was living a double life we flew into her area rented a truck, moved her out after he left for work at midnight. She was being abused with the kids seeing it all, the courts demand she should have asked for a move out order first. Sure, and how was that court going to stop him from throwing her down the staircase afterward? Her problem now is she'll lose the home she rented for herself and the children because he refuses to comply with child support orders.

Answer Question

Asked by blueeyes9999 at 9:21 AM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • Take him back to court. If the court ordered he make the payments and he's not she has a valid case against him. If he applies for assistance they can take money out of the check before he even gets it and send it to her. If he gets a job they can garnish his wages.

    Answer by Madge1428 at 9:25 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

  • Maybe he really doesn't have the money. He wouldn't be the only person in this economy to be having it rough. I am by NO MEANS siding with him! If I were her I'd keep taking him back to court.

    Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:25 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

  • Each time he changes a job, gets fired it takes her over a month to get him back into court, another month or more to locate his employment. The last two places he work were Indian Casino's. It took her two months to garnish his wages last time, now six months later they're firing him. He has several names he uses, several social security numbers it's not that easy. His mentality won't allow him to keep a job for long, no one is going to tell him that he must be responsible, he bucks the system constantly. This is a guy whom I'd never thought my daughter to become involved now she agrees two children too late. This guy has lived in the Mango Orchards in Hawaii because he felt it beckoning him there. He went to Alaska to fish because he needed to be free. In the ten years they were together he's had a least fourteen jobs none last more then six months.

    Answer by blueeyes9999 at 9:33 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

  • He was able to come up with $5,000.00 dollars to pay his attorney but no support. He bought a new car. He lives in one of his mothers home for free the only person he is responsible for is himself. His mother enables his behavior. At the casino he is a host, you'll see his face on billboards in S. Ca advertising. Hosts get tons of tips from jewelry to money, clothing, etc. They just walk off the property, he is given vacations, finest lodgings at other resorts it goes on. He eats for free at the casino all the finest foods from steak to lobster while he went home to see my daughter and the kids food closets empty. Some guys are completly heartless this jerk wouldn't buy them a can of refried beans to eat when money ran out from my daughters paycheck. As a mother you don't forget those tears I sent money immediately down to her. Another reason she left the relationship.

    Answer by blueeyes9999 at 9:42 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

  • Call the CS office and file a violation. I am now officially done with child support, my ex signed off when DS was 14 b/c he no longer wanted to pay for a child he made hate him and my DH wanted to adopt him. Anyway I went through 15 years of taking him back to court, it actually took me 2 year after he signed off and the support stopped adding up to get him to pay the arrears! It is a super pain in the a$$ but she should just keep at it, my ex would quit his job whenever I found out he was working for someone and have his wages garnished then when we went to court he would say he is not working when he was self-employed he never filed taxes and they just keep letting it go because I refused to use money my family needed for other things to pay an attorney to make ex obey the court order and the law. IME the system is better at protecting deadbeat dads than helping mothers get the money the children are entitled to. GOOD LUCK

    Answer by goaliemom93 at 9:48 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

  • Call the CS office and file a violation. They can garnish his wages once he is working again and they can also take out back payment from his tax returns.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

  • This person has his visitation set at twenty percent. He hasn't been with his two daughters more then five percent while giving support at nearly fifty/fifty configuration wasn't correct. The last time he was with his kids were for three day's prior to Christmas, then one month in the summer of last year of which he took off on vacation for seven day's without the kids. His family took the kids for another week in all he had them two weeks when not gone which was seventy percent of the time. He left them with friends one such time my daughter found her then 12 year old went to San Diego in a bus alone with her friend some forty plus miles away to the beach from his home. He left her with this family for four days my daughter never knew they were being pond out. Her seven year old is now visiting with him there it scares us to death. She only sees Daddy as he wishes her to see him Disneyland Dad.

    Answer by blueeyes9999 at 10:35 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

  • Let's see he got the axe again from the last job. He hasn't paid a cent of child support unemployment finally kicked in when CSS contact him. This poor broke man.


    Answer by blueeyes9999 at 3:18 PM on Aug. 5, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.