I need advice from creative women, please

Good morning,
I am designing my first website. It is a content-based website, mostly about healthy lifestyle. But there is going to be much more than that, I'm writing also about entrepreneurship, healthy nutrition, going green, and some other stuff. Anyway, my website is going to called 'Serendipity'. For those who don't know what it means - Serendipity is the effect by which one accidentally discovers something fortunate, especially while looking for something else entirely.
My question is: What color do you think defines Serendipity? And not only color, but in general, like a theme maybe. Please give me your opinions, I would really appreciate it!
Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I picture Serendipity in shades of calming blue and green - especially since the site focuses on things like health and green living, this might me perfect!
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 9:37 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Right away I think of blues.
    More of a light blue than a navy one though.

Good luck! =]
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 9:46 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• i immediately thought of lavender. as far as theme, you could have a lighter shade of objects in the background - leaves, stars, rolling waves, raindrops
    good luck with your endeavor
    chuggerboysmom

Answer by chuggerboysmom at 9:54 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I pictured a maroon color.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• all shades of green
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 10:05 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• i meant all different shades
    diamondmamma

• I think anything involving nature. Sometimes we look for beauty in everything else, but when we finally see a beautiful landscape, we understand what true beauty is. I would go with anything that has lively greens, ocean blues, and other specs of color. Something that you see beauty in when you look at it, something calming. Hope that helps. :)
    twocutetwins09

Answer by twocutetwins09 at 10:34 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• there's a chain of stores?cafes called serendipity... you may want to check on that before you use it....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Thank you Ladies very much! Your ideas will really help me! For some reason, I was stuck on a dark brown, like chocolate brown, with blue, but it does't really work, I guess it's too common, I don't know.
    And about the chain of cafes or stores called Serendipity, it doesn't matter, I'm just going to have a website, and it doesn't mean I can't use the name Serendipity.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Green is the first thing that popped into my mind when I read Serendipity.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:06 PM on Mar. 30, 2009