Anyone spray tan?

I'm considering this, I need some color, don't want to damage my skin in the sun or a tanning bed, but have NO IDEA how these things work...do you wear a shower cap? What about the palms of your hands and stuff? It sprays on and then what? Do you rub it in? How long until it dries? Does it come out streaky? How long does it last? I'm just curious if its worth going to a salon to do it as opposed to at home self tanner which I just can't get right for some reason. Would love to hear your experience! Thanks =)

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 10:03 AM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I have tried both types of spray tanning. One where you are sprayed by a machine...usually the Mystic...and the other that you can get done at some beauty salons where a person actually sprays you with an airbrush machine. I have never had a bad experience from spray tanning although some people have. I really like when the person did it. They can get in areas where the machine cannot...so I would suggest you do that type if it is offered in your area. In all situations you wear a shower cap over your hair...although it is not totally necessary because whatever does get in your hair will wash out....and you put a special lotion on the palms of your hands and on your finger and toenails so the dye does not build up in there. Spray tans usually last anywhere from a week to 2 weeks depending on how often you shower. I like them so I would say go for it!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:09 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I go to a salon to do my tanning...i don't like the sprays at all because you will look like a rotten orange
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 10:06 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• The orange color usually only shows up on people who have very fair skin to begin with. Some places even offer different levels of color so definitely don't go with the darkest color. I have medium skin and have never looked orange.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:11 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I use to use the home self tanners and the trick is to do it in circular motions. The spray on tans are expensive and don't last a long time.I do go to a tanning bed, and the trick there is not to go every single day.Once you have a basic tan you only have to go 1-2 times per week. I did a lot of research before deciding to go to a tanning bed.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 10:11 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I JUST GOT THE SUMMER COLOR TANNING MIST BY BANANA BOAT AND THOUGH OH** WHEN I WAS PUTTING IT ON BUT I LOOK FAB.
    THE FIRST DAY IT LOOKED A LITTLE WEIRD BUT IT REALY WORKED AND LOOKS GOOD!!
    NO STREAKS, BUT I WEAR GLOVES WITH THE LOTIONS THAT WERE SMELLY, THIS HAS A CITRUS SCENT BUT DID GET ON MY HAND.
    ITS REALY NICE, I COULD GET TO ALL THE SPOTS EASLY THAT WERE HARDER WITH LOTIONS. I REALY THOUGHT IT WOULD BE STREAKY EVEN THOUGH IT SAYS ITS NOT~I WAS WRONG. I REALY LIKE THIS.$7 A CAN
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• i also like jergens gradual tan it always gives me a nice natural look
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 1:36 PM on Mar. 30, 2009