Getting a CC with poor credit

I have poor credit due to medical bills and a CC that I had when I was 18. Basically every thing negative on my credit is due to being young and stupid. I am now married and very responsible and am wanting to get a CC to help me fix my credit. Does anyone know of a credit card company that I am guaranteed to get approved by? Maybe a company who deals specifically with this kind of situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Money & Work

• my older brother recently rebuilt his credit... he told me how i can do it... go to your bank, apply for a regular credit card, you know youre going to be turned down but to rebuild your credit you have to put your pride aside and face the music.. when they turn you down ask for a secure credit card... make sure you take some cash with you a couple hundred. what the bank is going to do is take your money and how ever much you gave them is going to be your credit limit. make sure when you charge something you pay it every month... then in about a year the bank will give you your money back and make it a regular credit card.. yeah it seems like a long time but it made his credit score jump over 100 points!!!
    softbalchic2004

Answer by softbalchic2004 at 12:48 AM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I wish I did. My credit is jacked up from my ex husband... If you hear of one, please let me know! I would be interested in this as well...
    onyourterms

Answer by onyourterms at 10:28 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I had a bankruptcy and was able to get a credit card through Orchard Bank. It wasn't one of those credit card companies that gives you a $500 limit, but charges a whole bunch of BS processing fees at the beginning, nearly maxing out your credit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I wish. I have the same problem. Young and stupid. And even though I paid back the majority Im still not able to get crap! Good luck. Get your credit report and see what the aproximate closeing dates are. My mom, an accountant, explained to me that they will drop off my credit report and be as if they were never there. So I checked it out and in 2011 is when they drop off...so Im waiting until then to see if that truly happeneds. I keep trying for cc and such though.
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 11:20 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• in this economy a cc is not smart right now
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• We have pre-paid credit card. It doesnt help your credit but I enjoy shopping online :-)
    Anonymous