strange behavior with my step daughter

When I was getting my step daughters coat to get her ready for her mom, I reached in the pocket and found a pair of underware, when i asked her about it she said they go to moms, I told her they were hers for our house and told her if she wanted to take something to her moms to check with me or her dad...two minutes later my husband put her coat on and felt something in the pocket - low and behold it was another pair of underware...she has been haveing some issues with the truth (like most healthy 7 year olds) but what could this be about???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Mar. 30, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• sorry, confusing. Your sd put two pairs of underwear she's only supposed to wear while at your house into her pocket to take back to her house she lives at with her mother?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Are you sure those were NOT underwear that her mom bought for her? I know i can get weird w/ what i let my daughter take over to her dad's house because most of the time i will never see it again. So, sometimes if she happens to wear something that I bought for her over there, I will ask her if she can try to remember to bring it back to moms house. Maybe this is what she was doing, maybe she is confused & thought it was underwear from her mothers house. If dad & mom are comfortable talking to each other, i would have dad call mom & tell her about it. She might say "oh, i told her to try to remember to bring that back over here". Daughters are loyal to their moms. That might be why she went and grabbed a second pair, maybe she did not want to disappoint mom.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:54 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• sorry. yes and no. when she was two we decided that she should have to pack a bag to come to her "other house" she has a room and clothes here. so when she comes here, the clothes she wears from her moms are washed and set aside for her to go back to her moms. our concern is could this be serious...is she haveing accidents at her moms and throwing them away, is she looking for attention...her mom does not communicate with my husband so we are a bit worried
    2boys1girl04

Answer by 2boys1girl04 at 10:57 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• My nephews used to take the BRAND NEW clothes that I bought them to their mom's and she would come up with some excuse for them to change, even on a very short visit. I started packing a bag for them to take, including all the stupid mismatched socks and tighty whiteys that she kept sending to my house. She then reported me to CPS. Said I wasn't buying them any new clothes. Then she started sending the kids back in the clothes that "she bought them" I was livid. She kept their clothes and then told them that SHE bought them when she gave them back. Eventually they realized that their mom was full of it and when they figured out that they were staying with me forever they quit doing it. I guess they didn't want to only have the crap she gave them just in case they didn't came back.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 11:18 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Maybe she's more partial to these. I know her mom needs to do more, but they are HER panties and I am sure she feels like crap having to have two homes and leave things behind. They obviously meant something to her. i don't think the issue you should be looking at is the lying or sneaking, but why did she want to do that and if it stems for adults in her life having a problem with the situation, then get over it.
    super_mommy4

Answer by super_mommy4 at 12:13 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• My first thought is if its just underwear, don't make a big deal of it. Apparantly she may feel she needs extra pairs, whether she is having accidents or the laundry doesn't get now often enough for her to have clean pairs. Unless your situation is dire and it would be a hardship to buy more undies for her, just buy her more. If you and/or your DH have a good relationship, you may be able to talk to her in a relaxed manner.
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 12:59 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Why was your husband "two minutes later my husband put her coat on ' to begin with? That sounds more strange then what she doing with the underwear ?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 AM on Apr. 2, 2009