Need some advice...

I could really use some advise... I really thought I was pregnant. I really thought things were going good. Now I have to figure out why I have not been getting my period. I mean I should be happy im not pregnant, I am only 18 yrs old with no job. and the babys daddy doesnt have a job either.

So why am I not??? This should be my chance to make sure this does not happen again. But right now all I can think about is a negative test. Any advise? I am really depressed about it, and so is the would have been dad. Even through we are not together, We really wanted it to work.. I dont know I just need some advise.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• Snap out of it and thank your lucky stars for christ's sake. Don't be a statistic get on birth control and be careful from now on. All we need is another young mother to feed the stereotype... Geez
    Mel.Ann.Choly

Answer by Mel.Ann.Choly at 11:07 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Travel around this site and read all the statements of moms who have gotten pregnant outside of marriage and pay close attention to all the struggles they have when the guys walk away. Maybe that will help you appreciate the fact that you are not pregnant enough to wait until you have a man who is willing to commit to you in marriage and who wants to make a home for any children that the two of you might have.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:10 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Since you really thought you were pregnant, you got used to the idea. I'm guessing you started making plans. Now all that is gone, of course you are depressed about it. But you should see this as a second chance, to make a baby when you and the father are actually ready for that, hopefully married, to each other. Now you have the chance to make a better life for yourself, and for a baby down the road.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 11:11 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• get in to counselling lots of cheap places to figure out why you're depressed you want a baby with no job for either of you plus both kids yourselves. Get a volunteer job even adults with difficultties needs nurturing. Having a baby is not all fun and games. If you're like this now think of when baby
    's 8 months and looks away from you you'll be writing in crying that your little one is grown and you want another baby. You need a life before you make life. You deserve that. You have 10 to 15 years before no baby is a concern really. Live life before you make life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• First, I am so sorry. I know what it's like to want a child and have it not happen.

Second, you are still young and so is he. You have plenty of time to have children. Take this time to focus on jobs, school, and getting to know each other. When the time is right, the child will come. Until then, be patient.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 11:14 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• i got pregnant when i was 18 i did not have a job but my boyfriend did we lost the baby and it sucked big tim but be for i got pregnant every time we would take a test it would say noy i felf the same way how late is your period? you might be takeing the test to soon
    angel_megan

Answer by angel_megan at 11:16 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• i am 2 months late
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• first off go to the ob/gyn to make sure you are NOT pregnant..i swear i must have took at least 10 tests that ALL came back negative until i finally drug myself to the doctor to find out i WAS pregnant...

though having a baby is a wonderful experience i have to agree with the pp..you are 18...there is so much you have to look forward to..so many possiblities out there for you. Take time to be a young adult and enjoy the time you have to be "care-free".

All the mothers will agree with me when i say you have NO IDEA how expensive a baby is until you have one..the hospital bills alone will floor you...I had a "normal" birth with my daughter and the hospital bill was over 8,000 bucks....thank god for insurance.....

Start a career, save money, find someone you love that loves you and GET MARRIED (though just getting married doesn't mean stability..necessarily) and then THINK about having children..

ENJOY LIFE FIRST!!
    ThinkPink23

Answer by ThinkPink23 at 11:26 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Go to the doctor and see what's going on with your body. Then, refocus on living your life intelligently with YOU as your first priority.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 11:27 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Having a baby is not a way to see if a realtionship will work out...having a baby is knowing that you are in it for the long haul..unconditionally...having a baby with someone means you are linked together for LIFE!! Make the decision to have a baby WISELY.

If you are serioulsy DEPRESSED then you need to see someone about it..talk to your dr or a therapist....

I urge you to make a life for yourself first..so that when a child does come into play for you..they will have STABILITY, SAFETY, HAPPINESS, and LOVE all under one roof...make your choices wisely and remember you have to take care of yourself (mentally and physically) before you can take care of anyone else (husband, boyfriend, baby...whatever)

Good Luck

ThinkPink23

Answer by ThinkPink23 at 11:33 AM on Mar. 30, 2009