Do you eat 5-6 small meals per day?

Ok. I just went to www.theloseweightdiet.com After inputting my figures, it calculated 1963 calories as the amount of calories I'd need to maintain my weight. I'm looking to lose 20lbs so I need to in take 1463 - 1500 calories daily and eat 5-6 small meals.

I am so excited, bu I've never used this method before for weight loss. Could you share some of the meals you eat daily, so that I can get a better idea of what I can prepare for myself?

So far, today, I had oatmeal with molasses and cinammon for bkfst, followed by a boiled egg about an hour later.

I will be incorporating a 30-45 min indoor exercise program and/or a 1-2 mile walk, daily.

SugaB28

Asked by SugaB28 at 11:24 AM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• for me, i have a slim fast for breakfast just because i am not a breakfast person for lunch i have a lean cuisine, b/c i can track the calories easier, and im not much of a sandwchich lunch person either, and for dinner i just cook whatever my hubby wants to eat and i serve in the lean cuisine plate to make sure im not overdoing it on the portion size, and then stick it on a real plate . And inbetween i have fruits/veggies. I love apples and cooked carrots , celery w/ peanut butter. So im not sure if that is considered 5 small meals or 3. Depends on if you count the sacks as a meal. good luck! I am also doing the biggest looser workout DVD in the mornings WII Fit in the afternoons and running 3 miles in the evening. (Well not 3 miles yet, Im only at about 1.5 miles, but im working my way there)
    Anonymous

• Anon, you sound awesome! I like what you're doing...keep up the great work. And thank you so much for responding :) You've given me some ideas.
    SugaB28

Answer by SugaB28 at 12:46 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• yes i do. its much healthier and increases your metabolism. when you eat 3 big meals your body absorbs what it needs, the rest is stored as fat and left their.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 2:54 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• what anon says sounds like 5-6 small meals since she ahs snacks in between.

if you really want to get ahrdcore. look up a calorie calculator online for bmr. put in your weight and height and it tells you how many calories you need to eat to maintain your weight...drp that by 100 calories to lose weight, divide that number into 6..eat that many calories per meal...
    i have hormonal issues that cause me to be..well..fat if i le tmyself lol. i go to the point of measuring cups etc. i watch servings and stick to this and i lose weight
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 2:56 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• 1500 calories is a good number, unless you are a very large framed woman, and then you might would need more to begin your diet, esp. if you find you are feeling sick. My trainer at the gym recom. 1500 to be a good amount. Less than that, tho will trigger your body into thinking it is starving and you might lose a few quick pounds, but then it will completely stall, holding on to the fat in order to survive.

I used 1500 cals for over a year and eventually discovered that even with this method, that your body will eventually acclimate and not continue to respond, so we have broken the cycle using the South Beach Diet to lose my extra 10 lbs from the holidays. Its working very very well. The hubs has lost 8 lbs in less than a week, and i've lost over 5. We feel great, have slimmer tummys, and are excited to keep going with phase 1. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 6:15 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Yes, I've heard a lil about the south beach diet. I'm glad it works great for you :) 5 and 8lbs is a lot for one week, wow.

With the site I checked out, it actually said to deduct 500 calories from the calculated amount of calories for maintaining one's weight. I know I did good today. I had my last meal at 4:45pm which consisted of tuna on whole wheat bread. A half sandwich. It's now after 7pm and I feel great, as I continue to drink cold water for refreshment. I think I consumed about 1400 today. I actually lost count b/c I'm new to all of this, LOL
    SugaB28

Answer by SugaB28 at 7:18 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• ITS GREAT WHAT ALL OF YOU ARE DOING  YOU GUYS GIVE ME HOPE THANK YOUyou rock

R3DR0S3

Answer by R3DR0S3 at 10:39 PM on Mar. 31, 2009