Which mommy wars are you involved in? And why?

SAHM's vs. Working
Breast feeding vs. Formula feeding
CIO vs. Co Sleeping
Extend rearfacing vs. Turning babies around before or at one year
Single vs. Married
Welfare vs. Those who don't use any Welfare
Vaccinations vs. Nonvaccinations
Smoking vs. Non Smoking
Hospital Birth vs. At Home Birth
Lets the TV babysit vs Never lets the child watch TV
Democrat vs. Republican
Christian vs. Atheist

I find all amusing and sad. I wonder why so many have to define themselves in these ways but many on Cafemom do. I am simply a mom to my son. I will not fight over who has it worse or who is better. To my child I am the best mom out there. If every mom would recognize there are many ways to parent and get over all their insecurities we all have more in common than not. Which war do you fight everyday on here? Why do you fight it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I know there are many other things fought over feel free to add them here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I don't fight any wars, but I do stand up to homeschool families. So many people have this huge misconception that they're social misfits and it's simply not true. I wish people would just do their research and keep their uneducated opinions to themselves. I understand that homeschooling doesn't work for every family and I'm not aginst traditional schooling...but I don't like when those that think homeschooling is a bad idea claim that we are doing our kids a huge disservice.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:28 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Meh, I have better things to do than fight those wars, i have my opinons on all subjects and if someone asks me I will tell them, but i'm not going to debate over them.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:30 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Don't think I'm actually fighting any of those currently. . .

How about ignorant vs. non-ignorant? There seems to be a lot of that lately, LOL . . .
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 11:31 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I hate mommy wars. All they are is a way for someone to make themselves feel better by putting others down. You parent the way that works best for you and yours and I will do the same.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 11:33 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I dont find them to be wars but just differences in opionion. If I was at war with someone theyd know.

Answer by gemgem at 11:34 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

______________________________
    Sing it, sister.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 11:35 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I am with ReneeK3. I don't fight wars about any of the mentioned items. Every one parents their children differently. I am not going to tell someone that they shouldn't do this or that. BUT I will also stand up for homeschooling because I have seen so many misconceptions and falsehoods about homeschooling floating around. As a homeschooling mom I believe in telling it how it REALLY is instead of allowing the misconceptions to continue. Homeschooling is not for everyone but arguments surrounding homeschooling need to be based on facts.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 11:36 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I'm a married Christian, Republican, vaccinating, formula feeding, non-smoking, hospital birthing, non-welfare SAHM who turned her babies around at 12 months old and let them sometimes cry it out. I also sometimes let them watch TV.

That's me. I don't really care about how anyone else chooses to raise their children. It's not my business.

Mommy Wars are ridiculous. All they do is spark drama, and create divisions between women that could potentially be friends. Can you imagine what our world would be like if ALL the women who participate in these Mommy Wars would put the same amount of energy and effort back into society? I think as mothers we could be so powerful and we could have the ability to eradicate the hunger and homeless problem we have in our own country.

Fight for the powers of good and stop wasting your time and energy on who BFs or FFs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I don't fight wars. I simply stand up for what I believe it. If I don't stand up for myself who will?
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:51 AM on Mar. 30, 2009