Great! Now I can finance your new Chrysler GM car and warranty.

Obama is gauranteeing the warranty of your GM, Chrysler auto will be in place if the automakers go down. This doesn't sound like he is too sure the good old government can keep them sustainable. These companies were given bailout money, your money and mine. Now they Government is saying Americans will make sure your car is taken care of if those companies go bankrupt(which is what they should have done in the first place) I'm sorry, I don't remember voting on this. This was our money, shouldn't we have a say? When will Americans stick up for themselves and their rights

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 11:25 AM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Thats what happens when Democrats take over Washington.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Take over washington? Hes trying to take over the whole damn country. Welcome to socialism.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• For the love of Sneaky Pete, it isn't Socialism. And it isn't really your money anyway. It is our children's and grandchildren's money (not that that answer is a whole lot better). I did not agree with the original bailout but, guaranteeing people's warranties I can understand.
    Imaginaryfriend

Answer by Imaginaryfriend at 11:48 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I think they should have been allowed to go bankrupt too. They could have filed, reorganized and tried to turn it around. If not, SOMEONE would buy them! They have lots of assets and without the UAW and those pensions hanging over the new owners head it could be a sweet deal!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:48 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• YOU aren't financing MY anything. I was smart enough to not buy what I couldn't afford. Yes, government is to blame. Big auto makers and banks are also to blame. But so is the average joe schmoe who bought what he couldn't afford.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• That is not what I got from what he said at all. To me it sounded like he was trying to reassure everyone that if they buy a car from these companies, they will have a sound warranty. It sounded like he was trying to get people to start buying from them again, trying to rebuild the confidence in the auto industry. And IF you voted in the previous election, that you did in fact vote for this. We vote in the officials who vote on these matters on our behalf. If you don't like something that Washington is doing, you have the right, and the obligation to let them know. Did you call your Congress office when this was being talked about in Washington and give them your opinion?
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 11:49 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• You may not have voted for it but, the people you elected (or those around you elected), did choice to do this. You don't like it, move to another country.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• We have 2 Chrysler products...............so is Obama promising me to uphold my warrany with my own money.......................................................gotta love those tax dollars at work...............................BARF.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:50 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• The whole time his administration is taking over GM he is telling you they have no intention of running a car company, then goes on to insure the warranty coverages.
    Stop listening to Obama and start watching what they are doing. Nationalizing the banks, and the auto industry, lets call it what it is.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 11:56 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Sorry OP, but you're not financing my Chrysler warranty. My Chrysler piece of crap is nearly 10 years old and the warranty long expired. Talk to those who voted for Obama because I sure as heck didn't. They are the ones who got us into this mess.

So let's see here...they force GM's CEO out (o.k. maybe that's what should happen, but it shouldn't be because the gov't said so), yet they promised warranty coverage if the companies go bankrupt. First banks, now the auto industry. What are they going to take over next. Let's all say bye bye to capitalism folks.

Anonymous