Do you regularly bake treats for your family?

proud2Bmomma

Asked by proud2Bmomma at 11:25 AM on Mar. 30, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I love to cook & so does my daughter. It is something we enjoy doing together. We bake 1-2 times a week. There is just about ALWAYS some baked goods in our house. If my daughterdid not enjoy doing it with me though, i probably wouldn't do it so much. I do it because SHE enjoys it, she learns things & it's good bonding time. I'm also picky, so if i want baked good i'll make it. Store bought does not even compare in my opinion.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:28 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• When the children were home I did. I liked baking. Cookies, cakes, cobblers. Until saturated fats became known as a problem I made pies. I used to keep a 5 lb can of Crisco all the time, I don't buy it anymore.

Answer by Bmat at 11:30 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I used to-- it was an outlet for me when I was stressed out. Now I've learned to manage stress better, and I generally don't have time.

My fondest memories are baking with my mom and grandmothers. They each taught me recipes that had been passed down by word of mouth for generations. Fortunately, they're all alive and still are able to tell me recipes. I don't write them down to this day because it would tinge the tradition. I suppose if my children weren't interested, I'll write them to save the recipes, because I've never tasted anything comparable to those recipes!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 11:36 AM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Most definitely! I have always loved to bake and I don't believe in giving my kids the packaged cookies and such, I dont buy anything like that. The girls will sometimes come help me, which I enjoy very much. I'd say we bake something almost as soon as the last baked good is finished if not before. :)
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 12:28 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• Yes, I do. I bake at least once or twice a week. I love to do it .... and it's also cheaper & tastier than store-bought goodies! :)
    javabuzz

Answer by javabuzz at 2:38 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I just made a pound cake this weekend! I love baking for and with my kids.
    lilmami81

Answer by lilmami81 at 3:11 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• My boyfriend bought me a cookie baking set w/ bowls, spoons, recipes, drying racks, etc. It really encouraged me to bake cookies more. I love doing it! I also like making cakes and muffins. And special brownies.
    Anonymous

• Does intending to count? lol. I think about it, get the stuff, then get distracted...lol
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 8:36 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• My hubby doesn't like cake or pie. Sort of kills the fun.

Sometimes I'll make cookies or brownies, mostly because DD loves to help.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:29 PM on Mar. 31, 2009